Home Ratings & Reviews

Rocky Patel 1961

fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
Has anyone tried these? what did you think of them? I am thinking of snagging 10.

Comments

• NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    fantastic. one of my top 3 smokes. (along with Gurkha master select and Nica Libra)
  • I have had 2 of the torpedos. They were both pretty good! Very nice even burn, flavor was pretty consistent throughout.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I tried it when it came out and it was ok. The typical Rocky flavors with some spice. If you're a Rocky fan you'll probably like it. I've got one or two others that have close to a year on them now. Probably time to revisit it one of these days.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I tried them when they first came out, and was less than impressed really. However, I bought a few on a DD while back to give them another go, and have to say they have gotten alot better.

"Long ashes my friends."

• These were the sticks that got me really into cigars back in august. i bought some at my B&M thought they were good. For me at the time they were a little stronger then i was used to. I have a few now i want to try again to see how things have changed since i started.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Big flavor and spice on this one. Even the prelight draw had a bite on the tongue. This cigar starts out strong and than settles down. I liked it but after the only one I smoked, I haven't thought about it again. Still, worth a try I would say.
  • I've had one and have one in my humi. I enjoyed trying it. Good flavor and spice to it for me.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Very good smoke.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • These popped up on the DD so I'm curious. Can anyone compare them to another RP blend maybe?
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    JohnnySlickster:
    These popped up on the DD so I'm curious. Can anyone compare them to another RP blend maybe?
    It's actually the Patel Brothers on the DD today, a bit different blend than these, although they came out at nearly the same time if I am not mistaken
  • ellinasellinas Posts: 329
    they are pretty decent. worth trying.
    IMO, the patel brothers are better than the 1961, love that Penn. Broadleaf wrapper!

"Long ashes my friends."

• ejenne87:
    JohnnySlickster:
    These popped up on the DD so I'm curious. Can anyone compare them to another RP blend maybe?
    It's actually the Patel Brothers on the DD today, a bit different blend than these, although they came out at nearly the same time if I am not mistaken
    Oh ya...duh. My mistake haha
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Unimpressed with the 1961, loved the Patel bros.
    cabinetmaker:
    Unimpressed with the 1961, loved the Patel bros.
    I do think the 1961 gets better with age though, I still have a few from the DD while back. Gonna let them sit awhile and see what develops.

"Long ashes my friends."