Home Ratings & Reviews

Cigar.com Sun Grown Label

13»

Comments

• firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Kelly has them on the Sunday deal........ may have to try 5.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    I'm a fan... I just had one on Friday with a buddy of mine (it's probably the sixth one I've had and I've been happy with every one... gets more flavor with a little age on it... this one had about 6 months on it)... it's a great everyday smoke... nice flavors, remindes me a bit of the San Miguel... similar notes... anyway, it's a nice stick to have on hand... It's one of my top favs do the house blend along with the Brizilian and the Red Label... I'm in for 2...
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    firetruckguy:
    Kelly has them on the Sunday deal........ may have to try 5.

Had one in the humi for a month or so, tried it today to see if I needed a five'r from kelly. Wasnt what I was hoping for. Pretty spoungy, lack of anything but spice. Maybe im just not a sungrown kinda guy.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Hey Rob I don't think this cigar has been out for 6months.

stephen_hannibal:

maybe 4 months then? i got 10 the first week they were out... they came out in june or july right?
    robbyras:
    stephen_hannibal:

maybe 4 months then? i got 10 the first week they were out... they came out in june or july right?
    I don't even think it was that long ago. Ccom had a bunch of stuff come out back to back, I think it was the shorty, the 5 vegas gold maduro, the unlimited, and the sungrown was last.
    That's what I remember from this year.

stephen_hannibal:
    robbyras:
    stephen_hannibal:

I don't even think it was that long ago. Ccom had a bunch of stuff come out back to back, I think it was the shorty, the 5 vegas gold maduro, the unlimited, and the sungrown was last.

yep, i ordered them on 8/16... same day that I ordered the Gold maduro... so 3 months... regardless, I like the smoke and the rest, though brief as it may have been, seemed to have an impact... I like em and I picked up 2 of the Sunday deal...
    robbyras:
    stephen_hannibal:
    robbyras:
    stephen_hannibal:

yep, i ordered them on 8/16... same day that I ordered the Gold maduro... so 3 months... regardless, I like the smoke and the rest, though brief as it may have been, seemed to have an impact... I like em and I picked up 2 of the Sunday deal...
    You know what I have to try the few I got now.
    I've only had 2 but they were fresh at the time.

• ellinasellinas Posts: 329
    pretty good, i'll definitly be buying more of these
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    I've had one each of the Corona and Torpedo and I think I like the Corona better. For the price the Sun Grown is a pretty good stick, but I don't think I'd pay more than $5 for it. It's lacking complexity for me, although the ones I smoked were only a week or two OTT if that makes a difference.

• undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Had my first one tonight, a torpedo. Not bad but not my favorite ccom label. The first third reminded me of when I first got into cigars years ago when everything just tasted like, well, a cigar. It was weird, I couldn't taste anything but cigar. In the second third, it opened up a little with tastes of cedar. It the final third, the smoke was thick and was really nice.

I should note that the burn and draw were great!!
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Hmm... I think it has probably been long enough that it is time to revisit these. They had a sort of tangy acidic note to them that I didn't care for much last time I tried one. Unfortunately I only have churchills, and it is wayyyyy too Fkin cold out to smoke a 2+ hour cigar. Alas, I guess I won't try another until spring time.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I'll have to try mine soon... Sounds like pretty hit or miss reaction to this one. I got one in a package a while back from Fourto and after 3-4 more weeks I'll have to light it up and add my opinion here.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Last one I had was on Halloween. Also a churchill. I enjoyed it. Very smooth as I recall. I've got a few more that have been sitting since they first came out. Good spring time smoke i think.
  • bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Bump! GIven the weekend blitz...how have these aged out? Any new opinions on them now?
    I thought it was a Sumatra... When did it switch to habano?

• gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    If they are the same as when I picked up a box a year or so ago I would say that's a good deal. Good solid yard or golf gar for $2. I'm tempeted to pick this up, but saving my cookies for March Madness.