Home Non Cigar Related

COD: Black Ops on PC

xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
Anyone get this? I was really tempted to jump on it, but after reading a bunch of reviews and lurking around forums, it seems only the XBox version runs well; the PC version seems to be a console-port that's so bugged that both the singleplayer and multiplayer are unplayable on any but the most top-end PC's.

Anyone else have any experience with the PC version?

Comments

• lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    I'm not much of a gamer, but I know that unless you have a PC system designed specifically for gaming (ie Alienware and the like) then don't bother with high end PC games. The experience will never be optimal without a high performance system.

I'm gonna jump on an XBOX this year. I've seen some deals on the bundle package with the new Kinect. I'll wait till then to start getting into games like COD.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    I have a bit of difficulty playing the games on the consoles...I enjoy the PC versions much better. I have a PS3 mostly for the blu-ray player but my son plays a lot of games on the console. I recently ran a check on my PC to see if it would run BLack OPS, unfortunatel my system failed miserably...
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    lilwing88:
    I'm not much of a gamer, but I know that unless you have a PC system designed specifically for gaming (ie Alienware and the like) then don't bother with high end PC games. The experience will never be optimal without a high performance system.

I'm gonna jump on an XBOX this year. I've seen some deals on the bundle package with the new Kinect. I'll wait till then to start getting into games like COD.
    From what I've heard, the game is a PC port, so it was initially designed to run on consoles, which are almost 7 yrs old by now, so the graphical demands aren't that high - it seems the XBox version got all the love, and the PC version is so buggy that it's almost unplayable for a lot of people.

Anyway, if you ever wanna know kinda hardware your computer has, just pull up the search bar or the Run command line and type in (without quotes) "DXDIAG" - it'll pull up all your computer's hardware info so you can easily compare your computer to the required hardware
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    I am hearing it doesn' run that good on the PS3 either..anyone hear that?
  • Hawk55:
    I am hearing it doesn' run that good on the PS3 either..anyone hear that?
    I have the Ps3 versions....i play that game nonstop when i get home from work. I havent had any issues yet...im reaching level 41 soon. I only play the multi-player...i havent really done the single mission mode yet. My friend has the PC version....they originally had lag problems in the PC when playing multi-player....but they issued a patch that fixed it right away.