Home General Discussion

The Cigar.com Brazilian Maduro Churchill? It will NOT stay lit

The only cigar I have ever complained about. Why? It is impossible to make it stay lit. You take two puffs, set it down and poof! Pick it up and it needs to be lit again, cause it's stone-cold out! No other cigar I've ever tried behaves like that. The taste is fantastic, but it's annoying having to cloud that with the stink of butane just to light it those numerous times.

My Rocky Patels always stay fired up.

Comments

• jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    if a cigar wont stay lit, its usually over humidified. how long has it been in your humidor? if there was a humidification pillow with it when it was shipped it may not have had time to stabilize. assuming of course it was shipped.
  • Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Higgs is right. If it was fresh out of a shipment it may need settle time. Especially this cigar since it has a very thick wrapper that tends to retain moisture easily.
  • mintmanmintman Posts: 4
    Are the Cigar.com House Brands made with all long filler tobacco?
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i believe they are not. im not sure where i heard this (maybe the old AmBack forum, maybe ccom raido cast) but i think they are MIXED filler. Ive never had a problem wit them though. It is all about taste and those puppies taste good. (shout out to the cuban label!!)
  • pilot711pilot711 Posts: 176
    I believe they are made from the long filler clippings left over from making other premium cigars.
  • LarryDLarryD Posts: 59
    I haven't had any problem with them. They are by far my favorite cigar.com label.