Home Ratings & Reviews

Davidoff Grand Cru No.3

Really been into milder cigars lately. Good, flavorful mild cigars that is... not the massively available, under fermented, poorly blended stuff that certain online retailers (not Ccom... but easy to find) peddle as being smokeable.

Found this to be a phenomenal example of how bold and complex a mild cigar can be, while still being smooth and mellow. Full review at the blog as usual. Oh and here's a picture of me, caught unaware while smoking...

http://smokeintooblivion.blogspot.com/2010/11/davidoff-grand-cru.html

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i really like how kener blends cigars. the gran cru is fantastic.
    there isnt a davidoff that i have had that i dont like. the only blend i have yet to try is the aniverario.
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Nice! I have yet to fire up a davidoff, but have 2 sitting in my humidor. Just waiting for the right day....
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    kuzi16:
    there isnt a davidoff that i have had that i dont like. the only blend i have yet to try is the aniverario.

I have not had a Davidoff yet, what do you suggest I try for my first date with Davidoff?

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Fourtotheflush:
    kuzi16:

I have not had a Davidoff yet, what do you suggest I try for my first date with Davidoff?

as a brand or as a company?

if you wanna jump right into the brand, then i suggest a Davidoff 4000 or a davidoff maduro. I feel those are the two best bang for your buck davidoffs.

if you are looking to get into the company, there are other brands they make that have a good amount of the Kelner blending style.
    i would try the Zino Classic.
    Avo Domaine is another good one though the Kelner signature musk isnt as in the forefront.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Fourtotheflush:
    kuzi16:

Another good smoke that has the signature Davidoff flavor is the Paul Garmirian line. I've had several of them lately and Garen has tried them too. Fantastic cigars IMO. I have also really enjoyed Avo, Zino, and the few Davidoff smokes I've had.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I really enjoy what Kelner does as a blender, I'd have to put him in my top three blenders for sure. The subtle complexities present in his blends are out of this world. I really wish I could afford to buy Davidoffs by the box to age them, or even just to buy them with greater frequency to enjoy them...although I suppose there is something to be said for enjoying the occasional Davidoff as an infrequent treat.