Home Cigar 101
Options

I'm the smartest man in the world Yaaaaaaayyyyyy

ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
Alright so I recently purchased the Oliva Series V Maduro. I got it in the mail today, and after looking at it i can't really tell. now before you ask if I'm color blind or something I'm not. I just have not had any V's in my inventory for the past month or so I can't really compare it to anything. Also the band looks the same. I trust Cigar.com in sending the right cigar but for personal knowledge and to possibly not screw over future BORKs in trades. How can I tell the difference if I don't have to the two kinds to compare, and how can I tell what year it is from without marking it?

Comments

• Options
    Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    My box is in the freezer right now so I can't look, but if memory serves me correct it should say "Maduro" somewhere on the band unless I'm wrong?? I have the regular Oliva Serie V and it does not have the word Maduro on it....almost identical though
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Nick2021:
    My box is in the freezer right now so I can't look, but if memory serves me correct it should say "Maduro" somewhere on the band unless I'm wrong?? I have the regular Oliva Serie V and it does not have the word Maduro on it....almost identical though
    you are correct! Regular Vs have "ligero especial" on the bottom of the band and the maduro have " maduro especial".
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Jetmech_63:
    Nick2021:
    you are correct! Regular Vs have "ligero especial" on the bottom of the band and the maduro have " maduro especial".
    Actually I think the naturals say "Liga Especial", one of my favorite sticks in the 6 X 60 vitola,mmmm.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Liga.... Ligero..... Tomato ....... Tomatoe
  • Options
    bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    That is correct. Regular = Liga Especial. Maduro = Maduro Especial.
    br/>
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    As far as the year on the maduro, the tale can be told by the vitola. The original release in 2008 was a standard torpedo measuring 6x52. The 09 release was shorter and fatter weighing in at 6x56. The current release, 2010, is a bit in the middle at 6x54. The only way to really tell the 09 and 10 apart would be to hold them side by side, they are just too similar in appearance to do it any other way without already knowing.