Home Ratings & Reviews

Rocky Patel Sun Grown

If you haven't tried one yet, i recommend giving it a go..

I really enjoyed that stick..

nice flavor, great drawn/smoke all the way through....

Comments

• fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Just snagged 5 RP SG's and 5 AB SG's at a really nice price. Can't wait for them to get here. Both are very good.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I wasn't crazy about the Sun Grown until I had one that had been rested for over a year, was very nice. Still not a favorite but definitely a solid cigar for the price.
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    I like it too, bought a bunch of these :)
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I had a few that have aged that long, and you're right jozr they do get better with age. I have a few of the RP OSGs (original sun grown)as well, and those IMO are very tasty too. Probably one of my top 5.

"Long ashes my friends."

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    those OSGs are getting harder and harder to find. in my opinion, they are better than the sun grown.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Is this OSG a different stick or just the original release of the Sun Grown?
    Different stick, different blend, different label...they came out a while ago. The red labeled sun growns we all come to know are what he came out with 2nd. the RP OSG...actually has the letters OSG as part of the band.

"Long ashes my friends."

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    the OSG is a different cigar all together. the OSG was the intended blend for this cigar. it has a sun grown honduran wrapper the sungrown that is still in production now uses Ecuadorian Sumatra wrapper. the fillers are very similar.

there was a switch over in the factory used to roll these just after the fist batch was rolled. there are a few stories out and about why there was a change in the blend blend ranging from lost wrapper bales to factories wouldnt let their tobacco to be used in other factories. im not sure what story is real or not but they are very different cigars. most fans of RP like the sungrown better. I am not a big RP fan and i like the OSG better.
    kuzi16:
    the OSG is a different cigar all together. the OSG was the intended blend for this cigar. it has a sun grown honduran wrapper the sungrown that is still in production now uses Ecuadorian Sumatra wrapper. the fillers are very similar.

there was a switch over in the factory used to roll these just after the fist batch was rolled. there are a few stories out and about why there was a change in the blend blend ranging from lost wrapper bales to factories wouldnt let their tobacco to be used in other factories. im not sure what story is real or not but they are very different cigars. most fans of RP like the sungrown better. I am not a big RP fan and i like the OSG better.
    same here, OSG is better than the current SG IMO.

"Long ashes my friends."

• JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    I've heard great things about the RPs, I'll have to add them to my list.
    Light 'em up.
  • Just bought a 2 fivers of the robustos. Very underrated stick IMO.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I like the toro and the robusto with a year or so on them. I had flavor issues with the torpedos. This is one of those cigars though that I don't go out of my way to buy and it just kind of ends up in my humidor. I think I'm out now. No plans to buy more.
    If they came up for a DD or something like that, I would pick up a few, but I wouldn't pay full retail for these either.

"Long ashes my friends."