Home Ratings & Reviews

Padilla 1932

NOt happy..

I must of had a bad stick or something..

It started off average, got a bit better in the middle but lacked pop and flavor. I had burn issues too..

I've heard good things about them..

I have another one and will let that age for months before giving it another go. It is nothing like the Miami; I really enjoyed that one.

I need to give the MOW Amada a go...

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    What size did you smoke? I haven't had great luck with the 1932 robusto, but have had excellent experiences with the Churchill and torpedo. That said, they can be inconsistent at times, though I've never had one that was downright bad. If I was to give one recommendation, it would be not to judge the line based on the one bad experience, it really is one of Padilla's top blends if not the top blend, of course that's my opinion and yours may well differ.
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Crap this is not good, I have 10 Robusto's coming on Wednesday, hopefully it was just a bad stick.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    ShotgunJohn:
    Crap this is not good, I have 10 Robusto's coming on Wednesday, hopefully it was just a bad stick.
    The robusto isn't bad or anything, just not the best size in my opinion. You might think it's great, that's the beauty of it.
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    ShotgunJohn:
    The robusto isn't bad or anything, just not the best size in my opinion. You might think it's great, that's the beauty of it.
    Ok cool, I thought you meant that the Robusto size for these was the b@stard as far as construction and quality. I just got a good deal on them.
    I tend to like Toro better, and always love a good Churchill.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShotgunJohn:
    j0z3r:
    ShotgunJohn:
    Ok cool, I thought you meant that the Robusto size for these was the b@stard as far as construction and quality. I just got a good deal on them.
    I tend to like Toro better, and always love a good Churchill.
    Construction and quality aren't likely to be problems with the 1932, age and handling history are more likely suspects if you get a bad one. I'll bet this is just a bum stick, happens to the best. Give them ample rest in the humidor and re-visit and you'll likely be pleasantly surprised. Also, call CCOM and let them know, next time you order. I've had a couple bad sticks that the replaced. Wasn't the blend, just one of those things.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I thought the Padilla 1932 robusto was the bomb
  • Agree. I love this stick.
  • jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    This is one of my favorite sticks
  • It was the Robusto...

I got the Padilla sampler about three months ago, I had the Miami last week and loved it..

I figured I'd give this a go after hearing good things....Just a bad stick. I will let the other stick age for several more months before giving it ago...

Anyway, I can order more of anything till I smoke down some room or get a big box (current holds 40 sticks)..

Next up, something from the Romeo & Julieta family...

If I get lucky, Ccom will have a Miami daily special.

• Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I thought the 32 was ok.....my opinion.....Miami was 10x better.
  • IMO the 32 is better than the Miami, though I'm happy to keep both on hand (5x50)
  • ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    I would have to say this is my favorite and enjoyed it the most of the Padilla cigars. Just pissedd me off that I had a sweet sweet deal a few months ago on a box purchase, just didn't have the room or money
  • I would have to Say between the miami and 32, i think the 32 is better. i had a Robusto size and it was great.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i have a 32 in my humi. been there for a while. i think more than a year. ill try and review some time soon. Padilla as a brand has sort of let me down. the only blend ive liked by them so far was the Series 68.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I really like the 32 robusto. Not too crazy about the 68.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I have found, for my taste the smaller ring gauge on the 1932 is much better. I love the Lancero size in this cigar, but very few others. Something is lost with the Robusto, Toro and especially Torpedo. Must be that Wrapper/Filler ratio Kuzi explained waaaay back