Home Ratings & Reviews

Padron #44 Family Reserve Maduro

While browsing my local shop, I came across one of these and got it for a special occasion. Well, this special occasion rolled around and I finally got to light it up. So here's what I got: Some of these tastes may have been caused by the choice of drink: Magic Hat #9 (incredible brew if you get to try it) Prelight, it smells thick of barnyard and slight cedar. It looks dark with some mottled spots of different shaded browns. Not too oily. Through the first third or so, I get hints of cedar and leather with some pepper like spice mixed in, mostly a very rich tobacco. The smoke itself started off rather thin but after about 3 or 4 puffs, it really started to put out some thick smoke. Into the second third, the taste is still rather consistent- cedar, leather, and spice/pepper mixing in. Chocolate slowly starts to creep in on towards the end of this third. This is where it really starts to smooth out and become what the Padron name is known for (at least by what I understand of them). The final, and best, third- consistency is the name of the game: cedar, leather, spice and hints of chocolate/coco. Overall, this is the best I've had yet. I recommend it to anyone who is willing to pay the price for it and if I had a bit more green, I'd go and buy as many as I could find. Extremely Tasty. CM

Comments

• Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Nice review. Got one in my aging humi. Not sure when I'll get around to setting it on fire, but I'm looking forward to it.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Awesome review. These are on my short list of smokes to try before I die! LOL!
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Nice review, I havent had one, but the price kinda makes me worry! I have one padron anny and it was AWESOME! if it wasnt for the price, my humi would be full of them!
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    Rob1110:
    Nice review. Got one in my aging humi. Not sure when I'll get around to setting it on fire, but I'm looking forward to it.
    +1, also have a box aging...mmm, should break one out tonight for thanksgiving
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Padron family reserve line of cigars are fantastic. Every leaf that goes into these cigars is aged a min of 10 years!

"Long ashes my friends."