Home General Discussion
Options

Humidor hunting!

I'm finally getting enough income to afford upgrading to a bigger humi and I'm needing help figuring out which one is right for me. So my fellow BORKs, here's what I'm wanting:

Something around 100-200 ct
Don't mind glass, just has to pass the dollar bill test.
I'm not too picky on what it looks like, I'm a fan of darker woods though.
Price range limit is 60$, but depending on the deal I can go a little bit over that limit.

Comments

• Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    my B&M brought in some humi's at Christmas time that were from Cuban Crafters at a discounted price. tis the season for special pricing. maybe call a CCom rep and see if they have anything for a special price.
  • Options
    Me too! I'm about to join the COTM club, but first i need a new humi. My 20 count is packed already and i want to buy more. I was thinking a 100-150. I really don't need anything fancy, just tight. Anyone looking to up grade from a 100 and want to sell? I'll call ccom and see what they have.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    If you're dead set on a humidor I'd recommend googling cheaphumidors and check out the imperfects. Otherwise I'd say get yourself a big cooler and turn your current small humidor into an aging humidor.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    bigjohn125:
    Me too! I'm about to join the COTM club, but first i need a new humi. My 20 count is packed already and i want to buy more. I was thinking a 100-150. I really don't need anything fancy, just tight. Anyone looking to up grade from a 100 and want to sell? I'll call ccom and see what they have.
    If you're thinking 100-150, you need 200-250.
  • Options
    I just got a humi from cheaphumidors imperfects section. Great deal. Can't find a thing wrong with it too. However I only got a 100 count and it is crowded with 60 in it. Guys always tell you to go bigger and it is no joke. I wish I got the 300 I was holding out for.
  • Options
    Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    j667fire:
    I just got a humi from cheaphumidors imperfects section. Great deal. Can't find a thing wrong with it too. However I only got a 100 count and it is crowded with 60 in it. Guys always tell you to go bigger and it is no joke. I wish I got the 300 I was holding out for.
    I agree with 667...especially if you feel like you will upgrade in the future! Imperfects are just as good as long as the seal is good IMO.
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    I got a great deal on my 2nd Humi from the bid site. Just remember. No matter where you go you most likely will have to add a decent Hygro & some beads (imho). Good luck.
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Puro sent me a few ebay auctions, I'm banking on a 200 ct for 55$. As for the Hygro and beads, I use Heartfeldt but I know some guys use those other cheaper beads with pretty good results, does anyone have a link to those?
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    If I could ever muster up enough money to buy a cabinet I"ll be selling most of my humis except the special edition ones. I have 5 that I would be getting rid of all ranging from very small (big enough for nubs and Shorties to a large Dome. Hopefully next year I'll be able to swing a cabinet.
  • Options
    leonardleonard Posts: 359
    Garen you have a pm.
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    leonard:
    Garen you have a pm.
    Replied.

And I ended up getting this humi on ebay.