Home Non Cigar Related

Black Friday shopping anyone?

so I woke my sorry ass up at 3 am to go shopping....got a sick ass 55inch LED 1080p 120 refresh rate tv!!!!! so stoked..pick it up on wed of next week! I will be turing my garage into a man cave with heaters, couches, pool table, my old 50 inch lcd 1080p, and a ps3......hows that for a man cave? lol

Comments

• Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    Nice I am doing the similar. I have pool table already and have a 42 plasma waiting to be setup when I get home I can't wait have a nice 500watt surround sound it is nice in my basement just have to repaint put in some new well windows and get a good air purifier.
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    Thats the only thing that ill be needing is a sound system...thats pretty much it.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went to Wal-Mart at midnight and people were f@cking stupid. I am glad I wasn't armed because I seriously wanted to hurt some people. I won't do this ever again. Everywhere I wanted to go people had been waiting in line for a day or 2 ahead of time. Some idiots were in line on Tuesday here. Won't do it again ever.
    this is seriously my favorite day of the year
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    the wife and i went out at like 11am. got 2 pairs of boots, some flannel lined jeans, a work shirt, a mandolin for the kitchen, and some pretzels from Auntie Ann's all for under $150.

...the funny thing is we were shopping for a GPS.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    I got up at 3:30 to go to Sams club for a 499$ Laptop. I did the same last year for my wifes laptop and came away with a damn nice pc. I did score the laptop for this year too so it wasnt a bad black friday.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    ........ a mandolin for the kitchen,
    . ... Wow, I bought a Tuba for the bathroom !! We must have the same interior decorator. Actually that sounds like a nice touch.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I can usually find deals online for close to the same black friday prices without all the lines, no sales taxes, and usually free shipping.
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    Way too cold here in SA to wake up and stand in line...unless you're at Wal-Mart then you can stay inside lol...there were a lot of online deals though that's for sure!
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I don't shop. Our business was having a sale though, and we did ok, so that was nice. After that I spent most of the day hanging out with my son watching some of the Star Wars movies. He's obsessed with the series, and lightsabers in general.
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    I don't do Black Friday shopping. I'm usually on the other side of the fence being in retail. I'll buy some stuff on Amazon every now and then, as I've found some nice deals. For the most part, I feel like most of the 'deals' businesses advertise aren't really that good to begin with. The ones that are good aren't worth getting an elbow to the face for.
  • i was in the San Mateo, Ca and went to Serra Monte Mall in Daly City/Colma Are and a fight broke out around midnight in the food court......chairs were flying....unbelieavable these days. Never again for me....i'll just shop online or wait.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    the wife and i went out at like 11am. got 2 pairs of boots, some flannel lined jeans, a work shirt, a mandolin for the kitchen, and some pretzels from Auntie Ann's all for under $150.

...the funny thing is we were shopping for a GPS.
    LMAO Kuzi... love it.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    I'm with JSnake on this one. This was the first year I attempted it. My girl and I woke up at 3am and got to Target by 3:15 to find out the line was already wrapped half way around the store and there were about 300 people in front of us. Still, we waited in the cold rain for 45 minutes to walk into the store and see everyone in front of us holding the 40 inch LCD that we went to buy ($300). A friend of mine works security and said they sold out in about 2 minutes.

After that, we attempted walmart, but couldn't find a parking spot (the walmart traffic had overflowed and filled the walmart, guitar center and petsmart parking lots by 4:15 am). Stupid. Just stupid. I think I'd consider bungee jumping with a rubber band tied to my left nipple before I'd try black friday sales again.
    Well i would never go to target or walmart...*** those dumb places...I went to sears and the mall...plently of parking spaces there...not bad crowds
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    kaspera79:
    kuzi16:
    . ... Wow, I bought a Tuba for the bathroom !! We must have the same interior decorator. Actually that sounds like a nice touch.
    kas has apparently never watched Alton Brown. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandoline
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    zoom6zoom:
    kaspera79:
    kuzi16:
    kas has apparently never watched Alton Brown. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandoline
    AB is one of my heroes. i got his book "im just here for the food" and read it cover to cover in just over 2 days. it is probably the most useful book about cooking i have ever read.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    zoom6zoom:
    kaspera79:
    kuzi16:
    AB is one of my heroes. i got his book "im just here for the food" and read it cover to cover in just over 2 days. it is probably the most useful book about cooking i have ever read.
    ..well that explains it. That is far more practical. I have seen A.B. I didn't associate the name with the slicer. Pretty nice.
    My LED is fraekin sick!!!!!! looks amazing...feels like ur right there filiming th emovie