Home Ratings & Reviews

Oliveros King Havano Line?

denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
anyone try any in this line? they popped up on the list recently and I think the Maduro Fuerte and Oscuro look very interesting. just wondering if anyone has any experience with these.

Comments

• wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    I did a quick review on the King Havano Claro a while back. Haven't had the pleasure of smoking the Maduro Fuerte or the Oscuro though. The Claro was great, but it needed a bit of rest as it was weird near the end of the second third though. Here's a copy/paste job of my quick review below:

I had the Jester vitola (4 inches, 60 ring gauge) while I was down in Biloxi visiting a friend. It had only rested in my humi from the B&M for 2 days.

Kinda strange that it's a habano wrapper, considering it's so light in color. It almost looks like a connie or a light sumatra wrapper. In any case, the wrapper is quite toothy and I could almost swear there was gold glitter shining off of it when you hold it at a certain angle. Got a little bit of pepper off of the first draw, but a very long, sweet finish. First third, there was slight pepper with a very long finish that reminds me of caramel and honey.

Second third, the pepper died down and there was a very dominant vegetal/herbal note coming through that reminds me of herbs on the draw. There was still a very honey-like finish. However, at the halfway point, it started burning harsh and the flavor was really weird.

Final third, the pepper was back while the herbal/vegetal notes took a back seat. The long honey/caramel finish was still present.

Conclusion: It's good. Especially considering the fact that it's only rested for two days. The first and last thirds reminded me of a Cohiba Red Dot. The second third was interesting, but rest will do well to remove the sudden rush of harsh, weird flavors. Just remember to eat a bit before smoking as the strength definitely snuck up on me and hit me in the gut.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    I had the Oliveros King Havano Maduro Fuerte in the 460 size. Great smoke IMO. Burn was spot on, great smoke output, and nice a coca and coffee note. I say its worth the 5ish I payed for it.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I had one of the Claros last week. It was a pretty good smoke tons of easy flavors almost like a comfort smoke.
    The strengthen is up there but the stick is smooth.
    I will be smoking it again.