Home General Discussion

A Christmas gift to yourself?

ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
I'm curious what you guys might get for yourself (cigars or cigar related) as a Christmas gift.

I'm thinking of getting myself either some Cabaiguan or some Camacho Triple Maduros, maybe even a nice travel light/cutter combo. I have been looking around and found some decent deals on some great stuff but I am holding out until the day gets a little closer to see if the deals get any better.

What might you guys be getting for yourselves?

Comments

• Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am going to order the Super Premium Herf-A-Dor package from CCOM. I need the Herf-A-Dor, and the sticks are a pretty nice selection.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I've been contemplating a box of Oliva V torpedos, or a box of LFD DL chisels, or both. I don't really have any room right now though.
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i ordered a box of (10) oliva v torp. maduros yesterday
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Siglo II and Upmann Mag 50s are on my radar.
  • PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
    My gift was tix for my girl and I to Big Smoke this weds. But I'm thinking about a box of Diesel, just can't decide between UC and Shorty.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Have a box of Ashton VSG torps enroute and I will be buying a box of Opus X robustos in the next couple weeks...
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far it has been a half box of Camacho Triple Maduro Robusto and 2 Christmas Top Tier Samplers sans the Herf-a-dor. Probably going to tack on 5 ISOM Cohiba Esplandido.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    As of right now, I'm planning on getting one or two boxes of Fonseca #1, possibly a box of Partagas Serie D #4, definitely a 50 ct. Cab of Por Larra
  • Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    New cabinet for the house. Been reading about a new one that you just plug in to the wall and it auto regulates humi and temperature with no maintenance. I have to see it to believe it.
    Alex Svenson:
    New cabinet for the house. Been reading about a new one that you just plug in to the wall and it auto regulates humi and temperature with no maintenance. I have to see it to believe it.
    Wow. I want...
    ISOM hunters, be sure your source is in good shape right now, as there are a ton of seizures going on.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Already got myself an Anejo Shark..... Gonna have it on Christmas.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • PsychoSJG:
    My gift was tix for my girl and I to Big Smoke this weds. But I'm thinking about a box of Diesel, just can't decide between UC and Shorty.
    id go with the sampler that ccom has got u get the 4 uhc 4 shorties and 8 of the new unlimited but u proally new this already lol
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    A box of Cohiba Behikes 54, my first box of cigars!
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Thinking about a box of those Armadas. Pricey, but I've read so many good things.
    Light 'em up.
    zeebra:
    Wow... that would be one heck of a first box.
    docbp87:
    ISOM hunters, be sure your source is in good shape right now, as there are a ton of seizures going on.
    Would you mind pming me with a bit more info on this please?
    j0z3r:
    docbp87:
    Sent.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Not sure that I'll get myself anything this year... Been thinking about it, but we have done all the shopping for the little one and the family, so I might take the money for my "self gift" and put it towards the angel tree we have at work for kids from abusive homes at the Family Place shelters. Every year my dept. does an angel tree at the PD and we do the big Santa Cop toy drive. Seems like a better place for the money to go than my humidor at this time... I guess the holidays really bring out the softy in me.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    j0z3r:
    docbp87:
    Sent.
    May I have some info on this as well? Haven't heard much about an increase of seizures.
  • Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    docbp87:
    j0z3r:
    docbp87:
    Sent.
    Hey doc, think I could get some additional info as well?
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    This sounds like something I really need to check out! As much as I enjoy my cigars, I really don't like having to baby them as much as I do. I will be getting a pretty big tax return back from this year so I might have to look this thing up!
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I got a box of Patel Bros at the Tobacco World Anniv. party, 25%, can't beat that.

"Long ashes my friends."

Alex Svenson:
    WOW, if this is for real, then it is exactly what I've been looking for. Alex...can you PM the info on this??

"Long ashes my friends."

zeebra:
    That's one helluva first box! make sure you age the hell out of those...I'd say at least 5 years.

"Long ashes my friends."

• t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    I'll be picking up my Aristocrat Cabinet Humi while visiting the wife's family in Dallas over Christmas. Can't wait.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Don't know if I'll be buying any cigars, but I'm seriously eyeballing a bottle of Ron Zacapa 23 to accompany the stogies I've got!
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    im buying myself a trip to Nicaragua at the end of January. Drew Estates, Joya de Nicaragua, Padron, Plasencia, DPG, rum tastings, cigar blending sessions, etc...

should be fun.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    kuzi16:
    im buying myself a trip to Nicaragua at the end of January. Drew Estates, Joya de Nicaragua, Padron, Plasencia, DPG, rum tastings, cigar blending sessions, etc...

should be fun.
    Real fun!!
  • fuentejpsfuentejps Posts: 345
    kuzi16:

should be fun.
    ARE you going w/ matt?>?