Home Ratings & Reviews

My review of Punch Magnum.

JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
5.2 x 54

This is my second stick/review in as many days. I'm going to try to stick to my one-a-day smoke to build my tolerance and move towards full bodied smokes.

This was a pretty basic cigar. The presentation was clean and simple; light brown wrapper, not very oil, simple design on the band. The initial aroma had a good amount of barnyard and maybe just a touch of earthy tones. The draw was good, no problems lighting it and it burned evenly throughout.

Even as a newbie smoker I could tell this stick was very mild. The initial flavor was slightly leathery and I did not get any peppery flavors out of it. The review online says "spicy undertones" and that is a fair description, I couldn't quite put my finger on it. I enjoyed this stick while I had a beer and tossed some darts at the bar, and that is the kind of cigar this was to me; something light to enjoy while you're doing something else, there wasn't much to it. I nubbed it and it didn't kick my ass too bad. image

I'd recommend this cigar to someone as their first cigar or if you're not looking for something too complex or bold.

Cheers.
Light 'em up.

Comments

• Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    JCizzle:
    I'm going to try to stick to my one-a-day smoke to build my tolerance and move towards full bodied smokes.
    Just out of curiosity, what's your reason for wanting to rush to full bodied smokes?
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    I guess I could have worded that differently.

I would like to experience different flavors, and enjoy bolder sticks just to experience the full spectrum. I didn't mean to sound like I was in a rush.
    Light 'em up.