Home Ratings & Reviews

CAO La Traviata review

5x50 Divino size. This is a really great, flavorful, rich cigar, medium strength, at a ridiculous price point (the $5-$6 range), and has a great presentation. The ruddy reddish brown wrapper is definitely a highlight. Really into it. There is also a maduro version that I can't wait to try.

Full review at the blog...

SMOKE INTO OBLIVION

Comments

• ellinasellinas Posts: 329
    Agreed, i thought it was a great cigar also. Definitely worth trying for those of you wondering about it.
  • ljlljl Posts: 819
    ellinas:
    Agreed, i thought it was a great cigar also. Definitely worth trying for those of you wondering about it.

+2 I've had a few of these since they came out and they are good. At the price - worth giving a shot.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    LLLLLove la traviatta. "Rich" is a great way to describe them. And the maduro is the Bizzzzomb!! Lemme know if you cant find any...B&M has quite a few
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I haven't tried the original blend yet actually, but I've had the maduro and it is a great cigar. If the natural is as good I'll be stocking up on these in both wrappers!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    im usually a fan of the maduro version of cigars but i feel that the original is better on this one. dont get me wrong, the maduro is a good stick. the natural won by a nose.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    im usually a fan of the maduro version of cigars but i feel that the original is better on this one. dont get me wrong, the maduro is a good stick. the natural won by a nose.
    That's good to know. I've been meaning to pick up a couple of the natural, just never remember to when I'm in the B&M.
  • got some of these last week at a CAO event at my b&m...got both maduro and natural there proally gonna rest a bit but cant wait to try them
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a great looking stick. I'm curios to see the difference between it and the maduro version, especially for my newbie palate.
    Light 'em up.
  • cacmancacman Posts: 22
    La Traviata Maduro was good... but I still prefer the L’Anniversaire Maduro instead.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    cacman:
    La Traviata Maduro was good... but I still prefer the L’Anniversaire Maduro instead.
    apples and oranges my friend.
    but, i mean they ARE both fruit

still makes more sense than trying to compare it to steak.

...the La Traviata Maduro was good, but i like the Davidoff Maduro way better.
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    just sat outside for this one as the weather is perfect and so was the cigar! fantastic, think ill try the maduro next and a place i stop for a cold brew, too bad no smoking,lol imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    I need to get a few more of these, they are great cigars. My B&M doesn't carry them...but a lesser cigar shop in town does. I'm wondering if going there would be treason at this point considering the solid six months of business I've given my guy. I have this feeling I'll be coming out of this place after a purchase and run into my buddy, which would be followed by long awkward silence, followed by, "Et tu Pascoe".
    y2pascoe:
    I need to get a few more of these, they are great cigars. My B&M doesn't carry them...but a lesser cigar shop in town does. I'm wondering if going there would be treason at this point considering the solid six months of business I've given my guy. I have this feeling I'll be coming out of this place after a purchase and run into my buddy, which would be followed by long awkward silence, followed by, "Et tu Pascoe".
    call or email tim he gave a good deal on both in the toro size to me 10 of each , the maduro is starting right off where the regular one left, mercy, image
  • Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've read good things about these..I think it's time to give them a try. Gonna place an order for a 5er this week.
    Pacman84:
    I've read good things about these..I think it's time to give them a try. Gonna place an order for a 5er this week.
    pm me an addy ill give you the hook up on a couple to try if you want
  • Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pm sent bro
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Pacman84:
    ..This is my favorite CAO. Along with the X2's
    Pacman84:
    pm sent bro
    on the way, thursday arrival? 03110240000176940062