Home General Discussion

A Christmas gift to yourself?

2»

Comments

• MBISONMBISON Posts: 45
    Thinking about a full year subscription to the cigar of the month club!!!
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    Well... I joined the COTM club for the Armadas, but may stick around (nice marketing guys!)... I talked the wife into getting me the Xmas sampler sans herf-a-door... I would love to get some PSD #4 or Siglo II but wouldn't even know where to start... So I may just get a bottle Glenfiddich 18 and call it good...
  • Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most definitely buying myself more cigars and I just bought myself a mossberg .30-06 rifle for the hunt.
  • NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    keeping it kinda cheap. spent some bucks on my girl this year. Got myself a 2pack of the armadas. a drew estate ashtray. (non cigar stuff... DVD set of the nature series "Life" - im a nature buff, optical cable for my computer to hook up to my home theater system - currently have a regular wire.. and its acting as an antenna and picking up some spanish radio station... really annoying while watching movies.)

Think thats about it. but im sure ill grab a few more odds and ends here and there. Alex is a temptress.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Alex Svenson:
    New cabinet for the house. Been reading about a new one that you just plug in to the wall and it auto regulates humi and temperature with no maintenance. I have to see it to believe it.

Let us Know about that... I WANT ONE! IF its for real!
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    I will more than Likely not get myself anything , My wife and I Seem to have christmas all year with each other. I have Many Needy friends and my Son, I think I will just focus on others.
  • ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    New cabinet for the house. Been reading about a new one that you just plug in to the wall and it auto regulates humi and temperature with no maintenance. I have to see it to believe it.
    Are you able to post info, or PM me the info. When i come back from deployment I will have a good chunk of change left over
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Alex Svenson:
    If you get one, let me know how it is. I need one plus I need some furniture so that would make a nice addition to the house.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    If I get this, it will be an after Christmas Xmas gift. Paradigm Signature Sub 25. I would love to get a Sub 2 but that is just too much money for me to spend.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    So far the Armada 2 pack deal is it but I've got my fingers crossed for a special sampler pack featuring his other new releases. All my money goes to the family, my cigar budget is pretty modest.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Come to think of it, I already bought 2 of those Christmas top tier samplers, the best in show sampler, a fiver of ave marias, a box of v maduros, and a bunch of Armadas. I think I'm done for the year unless something super amazing comes along.
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    PuroFreak:
    Not sure that I'll get myself anything this year... Been thinking about it, but we have done all the shopping for the little one and the family, so I might take the money for my "self gift" and put it towards the angel tree we have at work for kids from abusive homes at the Family Place shelters. Every year my dept. does an angel tree at the PD and we do the big Santa Cop toy drive. Seems like a better place for the money to go than my humidor at this time... I guess the holidays really bring out the softy in me.
    Good for you man. That is truly getting into the christmas spirit.
  • I went with a couple purchases off of the big Weekend Blitz Box deals. Along with a new Humidor to store it in. I think I am done for a long while now.
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    Wife told me to take some money today and official get some cigars, was actually thinking of the opposite since I've gotten so many lately...maybe I'm crazy for thinking so lol
  • ellinasellinas Posts: 329
    unfortunately i can't buy anything for myself until the spring semester starts up.......all i'm doing is saving for other peoples presents and money to buy next semester's books...i have 2 cigars left... LOL, its a good thing that box of man o wars will be in tomorrow
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    ellinas:
    unfortunately i can't buy anything for myself until the spring semester starts up.......all i'm doing is saving for other peoples presents and money to buy next semester's books...i have 2 cigars left... LOL, its a good thing that box of man o wars will be in tomorrow
    Will keep you in mind when I want to do damage....:)
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    fuentejps:
    kuzi16:
    im buying myself a trip to Nicaragua at the end of January. Drew Estates, Joya de Nicaragua, Padron, Plasencia, DPG, rum tastings, cigar blending sessions, etc...

should be fun.
    ARE you going w/ matt?>?
    i sure am. only about 2 months away. i cant wait.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I got 4 Bottles of Imperial Russian Stout from Stone a '10, '09, '08 and '07. Im a beer nerd, what can i say. A Patio heater and am eyeing a Fuente sampler that is beoming increasingly hard to not buy...
  • I got the Fuente Holiday Sampler and nice Xikar lighter. The Holiday Sampler was just a little too good to pass up and lighter cause my last one broke
  • SmokeeeSmokeee Posts: 220
    Thinking about upgrading my humi... nothing to big, but definately one that locks!
    Oh, and some Gurkha Titans! :)
  • Another Diamond Crown humi and a box of AF Hemingway Work of Art Maduros. I will send them to the house and start enjoying them when I get home.
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    PM me also...???