Home Ratings & Reviews

Rocky Conneticuit

NOt impressed....

Don't waste you money..

Comments

• sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    What didn't you like about it? The RP Connecticut that I had was an enjoyable smoke. It didn't blow me away or anything, but it had good flavors and construction.
  • It's one of the best connecticuts i've ever had - along with oliva connecitcut. I'm don't smoke conn's a lot, but when I do, I enjoy rocky.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find these to be a good morning / after lunch cigar, have you had more than one?
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    Unthought_Known:
    It's one of the best connecticuts i've ever had - along with oliva connecitcut. I'm don't smoke conn's a lot, but when I do, I enjoy rocky.
    so far, those are my favorite connies... I like the Oliva more, but the RP is solid... I like them in the early afternoon...
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Mperconte:
    NOt impressed.... Don't waste you money..
    .. one of the few Rockys I didn't like.
  • leonardleonard Posts: 359
    kaspera79:
    Mperconte:
    Agreed. What flavor is there, IMO tastes like grass clippings.
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    Just shows how different everybody's tastes are...haven't had one myself but heard good things about them! I like the NUB connies, but I know a lot of people hate them...just like the NUB Cammies I have...don't like them but I know a lot of people like them.
    leonard:
    kaspera79:
    Mperconte:
    Agreed. What flavor is there, IMO tastes like grass clippings.
    I think that was it for me too. I think Rocky was trying to get a bit of the Macanudo market but came up short. When I think Rocky I expect full flavor and a lot more kick. This guy is too mild for my taste.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    This is usually one of my morning sticks or a Vintage 1999. I think this cigar is great with paired with some coffee. Although, I like the 1999 better, the RP Connie has a nice price point.

"Long ashes my friends."

• leonardleonard Posts: 359
    The vintage 1999 is very good. One of my go to morning smokes.
  • WOW!! lots of points a view on this...

OK!! I'm still learning and sampling lots of different brands/make/composition, ETC...

I have been posting some brief thoughts as I go alone.. The RP 1990 was OK, haven't had the 1992 yet. The EDGE was not too bad (it might have needed some more aging. I loved the RP Sun grown.

Now the CONN, tasted like dried dirt. Perhaps a bad stick, maybe I have no clue. I smoked the whole thing, it was consistant all the way trough, burn, draw...Just lacked flavor,...

It could have been that I was drinking a Heineken at the time which i usually don't do, I prefer bourbon.

Anyway, I am done with dinner (ribs and steak) with wine. Going to have...wait going to check the humi...(be right back)...ok..MOW Ruination...was going to try te Padilla 68 but..

This should fix me right up..

I still need to get my hands on one of those Armada's...
    .. as far as Rocky Patel goes the 1992 is one of my favorites. 1990 almost as good, I would never pass one up. The Edge is another tasty offering, I also enjoy trying his Seasonal Blends which are pretty hard to come by, but worth the search. Nording... LOVE THEM !! Decades, 1961, and Patel Brothers, are also some that you would enjoy. The man works hard to please the cigar smoker. Oh yeah find a Renaissance ! That Ecuadorian Sumatra wrapper makes this one special.
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    What makes it a Connecticut? The wrapper?
    Light 'em up.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    JCizzle:

LINK

• wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    JCizzle:
    Yes. A Connecticut is called that because of the (most of the time) shade grown Connecticut wrapper leaf. :P Though the connie can also be a dark sungrown wrapper like the Gurkha Centurian.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    This is one Rocky I just never have been able to enjoy. Not much flavor at all... If I'm going to have a Connie wrapped cigar from Rocky I'll stick with the Vintage 99. Usually if I want a connie I'll go with a Cabaiguan!