Home Ratings & Reviews

La Aurora Preferido Emerald

Anyone try these? I am thinking about picking up a few (based on the deal I am getting more than anything else) and was wondering if they were any good... thoughts?

Comments

• JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Only one way to find out. image
    Light 'em up.
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    I have a love for these as this was my first premium that really got me into cigars. I personally love the preferidos line. Pricey, but a good celebratory smoke. Beware, they do not smoke very long. For the price, you get about 40-50 min out of them on average.
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Robby, if you PM me your email, I'll forward you the review that I did for WBF (not online yet).
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    sightunseen:
    Robby, if you PM me your email, I'll forward you the review that I did for WBF (not online yet).
    sent... thanks!
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Ive had one and wasnt too thrilled .. .Total rolling error! for the money there shouldnt be any qc issues with those!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i have one in the humidor. havent been able to bring myself to smoke it.

...yet
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:

...yet
    ...I just went through my humidor and I have about twenty cigars I just can't bring myself to smoke either. Mostly singles that were hard to come by, given to me and beyond my price point to obtain more, very high expectations, or no longer made. (that's the worst) I hope I get over that soon.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I haven't had the tubed perfecto, but I have had the Emerald robusto, and it was very tasty, love the Ecuador Sumatra wrapper.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I haven't yet but I want to try these sticks. I need to get the treasure box sampler....

Kas, I feel ya. Though I don't have many, I do have a few sticks that I have only one or two of that are no longer made and I want to smoke them but something keeps me from doing so. I have two OR opus's I am dying to try... Maybe one day.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    kaspera79:
    kuzi16:

...yet
    ...I just went through my humidor and I have about twenty cigars I just can't bring myself to smoke either. Mostly singles that were hard to come by, given to me and beyond my price point to obtain more, very high expectations, or no longer made. (that's the worst) I hope I get over that soon.
    Im in the same boat here, mayb @ 15 thought, but I really want the situation to be perfect before firing one of these babies up!
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    kuzi16:

...yet
    Me too, and that includes a Preferido sapphire that I want to smoke so badly but am waiting for the right occasion.
    bigharpoon:
    kaspera79:
    kuzi16:

...yet
    Me too, and that includes a Preferido sapphire that I want to smoke so badly but am waiting for the right occasion.
    Those Sapphire Preferidos are phenomenal, I've got a couple patiently aging with the goal of putting 3 years minimum on them...I'm about one year into that goal.
    j0z3r:
    bigharpoon:
    kaspera79:
    kuzi16:

...yet
    Those Sapphire Preferidos are phenomenal, I've got a couple patiently aging with the goal of putting 3 years minimum on them...I'm about one year into that goal.
    those are the maduros right?
    they do have a bit of a "maduro" taste to them but they dont really taste like a classic maduro "should"
    dont walk into that cigar expecting things.

i have not had one but i have heard two different people at two different times say the same thing unprompted so im guessing that it has a fairly high likely hood of being true.
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    bigharpoon:
    kaspera79:
    kuzi16:

...yet
    Ditto. The only one I don't have is the Gold
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    j0z3r:
    bigharpoon:
    kaspera79:
    kuzi16:

...yet
    they do have a bit of a "maduro" taste to them but they dont really taste like a classic maduro "should"

i have not had one but i have heard two different people at two different times say the same thing unprompted so im guessing that it has a fairly high likely hood of being true.
    The sapphire are conn. Dominicans. They smell like the rum barrel they were aged in.
    kuzi16:
    j0z3r:
    bigharpoon:
    kaspera79:
    kuzi16:

...yet

The maduro is the Ruby.
    good lookin out guys
    About the maduro though, to me it did have some of the makings of a good maduro, if perhaps not the "classic maduro" taste. I enjoyed the richness and depth of the flavor, but overall felt it was lacking in key areas...my hope is that a few years on the maduro will benefit it.