Home Ratings & Reviews

Best Diesel Vitola and Line

I prefer heavy smoke-producing cigars that are very flavorful and medium to full bodied. Complexity is good too. Since I have joined this forum the Diesel's have been all the rave. In your opinion, what is the best vitola and line of Diesel? I am not smoking multiple times a week (yet!) so if I am going to try one, I would prefer to make it the best!! Off the top of my head I am thinking of picking up either the Diesel Shorty or the Unlimited D.6. Thoughts?

Comments

• They are both really good in their own way. I really enjoy the Shorty and the Unlimited. Grab a 5pk of both and see if you like one better. The Unlimited I have had was the 7x58 d.7. I think they are excellent.
  • gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    Haven't tried 'em all yet, but I love the Unholy Cocktail. Just bought a box of the d.5, but they are resting.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I prefer the Diesel Unlimited, but I've only had the toro size so far...but cigars are so relative you should try all the sizes. Someone's "favorite" might taste like a dog rocket to you.

"Long ashes my friends."

• RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    newbiesmoker24:
    I prefer heavy smoke-producing cigars that are very flavorful and medium to full bodied. Complexity is good too. Since I have joined this forum the Diesel's have been all the rave. In your opinion, what is the best vitola and line of Diesel? I am not smoking multiple times a week (yet!) so if I am going to try one, I would prefer to make it the best!! Off the top of my head I am thinking of picking up either the Diesel Shorty or the Unlimited D.6. Thoughts?

They are all Good I have Smoke every Offering and have them all...... The Unlimited 6 is a Bad ASS STICK.....Eat good beofre you smoke it ! the shorty is good too... hell they all are! SMOKE AWAY!
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    My favorite is the Unlimited since I'm more of a spicy habano guy than a maduro guy. My favorite size is the belicoso. I feel like it has more flavor than the toro/robusto, the churchill's too long, and the d6 is too wide. Having said that, all the sizes are good, and it's just my personal preference. The Diesel line is just solid all the way around.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Obviously we haven't been able to see what time with do to the Unlimited yet, so I'm not sure about that one. The UC with 6 or more months of down time on it is phenomenal, and sooooo inexpensive. Absolutely worth it.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    newbiesmoker24:
    Check out this sampler. It is the best price you will pay for these, and you get a sample of some of the different vitolas available.

http://www.cigar.com/search/search.asp?keyword=
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    For me the original Cocktail is the best... prefer the PA wrapper.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I've only had the Unholy Cocktail and the Shorty... the Shorty is more my speed.
    I'm going to have to try one of my Unlimited.

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    For my money, the Unlimited belicoso is where it's at. I like the Shorty too, but the Unlimited is everything I had wanted the Unholy Cocktail to be.
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    I've only had the Unholy Cocktail and the Shorty... the Shorty is more my speed.
    I'm going to have to try one of my Unlimited.

While I've had em all I would say the Shorty is my fave, I'll still smoke all of them but would prefer the Shorty
  • The UHC was my favorite but I have been enjoying the d.6 Unlimited now. I only smoke the UHC after a big, hearty meal because they can really put me on my knees if I smoke it too fast.
  • Well... after everyone's reviews I guess I will just have to try ALL of them! ;-) Thanks for the feedback!
  • cacmancacman Posts: 22
    I have been interested in these too and jumped on the Diesel High Octane Sampler here on Ccom. For me the sampler offered 4 or each in sizes I prefer.
  • cacman:
    I have been interested in these too and jumped on the Diesel High Octane Sampler here on Ccom. For me the sampler offered 4 or each in sizes I prefer.

I am pretty sure that will be my next purchase!

Although, I will have to set up another humidor first because my 20 count can't handle the Oliva G Maduro daily deal I doubled, the ccom house blends sampler I bought, or the 16 cigar Gurkha sampler I haven't had time to smoke yet!!!!
  • MBISONMBISON Posts: 45
    newbiesmoker24:
    cacman:

I am pretty sure that will be my next purchase!

Although, I will have to set up another humidor first because my 20 count can't handle the Oliva G Maduro daily deal I doubled, the ccom house blends sampler I bought, or the 16 cigar Gurkha sampler I haven't had time to smoke yet!!!!
    HA! Welcome to our hobby....... No one said it was going to be easy!!!!
  • I just finished my first Diesel Shorty. It lived up to it's reputation and I was not disappointed. It burned even all the way to the nub and had a real good draw. Lots of smoke and a spicy, and leathery taste. I got 4 of them in the High Octane sampler. I should have bought more.
  • Alright, well since I last posted I got a nice deal on some AJ smokes including the diesels (ans some MOW's). I just smoked an Unlimited d.6 and it was a nice, full bodied, flavorful smoke. The burn was picture perfect... So much so that I actually took a picture of the 2 inch snowy white ash that formed while smoking it. This is my first attempt at posting a picture so hopefully it worked. It was from Facebook. image
    So yeah, great smoke. Will let you know when I try the other Diesel lines.
  • PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
    Ya, the whole line is great. My fav is the UC, but i just smoked the d.6 2 nights ago and really enjoyed it. I actually got half way before i accidentally knocked off the ash. i was heart broken. Photobucket