Home Cigar 101

Box Date

DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
I find it interesting that very few if any of the non Cuban boxes I have seen have any kind of date stamp...wish they did...I'm sure I get boxes that are quite new but there also must be boxes that have been sitting around being stored for extended periods of time. I definately appreciate that on Cuban boxes I buy, seeing a date stamp, especially when its several years+...

Comments

• xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Whenever I buy a box of MOW Virtues, there's a card that has the rollers name, table, and date the cigars were rolled. Kinda neat IMO
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    xmacro:
    Whenever I buy a box of MOW Virtues, there's a card that has the rollers name, table, and date the cigars were rolled. Kinda neat IMO
    I have a box of MOW R, I never noticed the card, I'll look again, that is cool...
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    All of the GoF boxes I have have the release date for that box, whether it be May or November, October and the year.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I don't see it on all the boxes I get though Fuente Opus X's, Anejo's, and GOF's have something of that sort in them. Didn't notice it in any of the Mow's I have. Wheelie, I would love to see your stash!!!!!
    phobicsquirrel:
    I don't see it on all the boxes I get though Fuente Opus X's, Anejo's, and GOF's have something of that sort in them. Didn't notice it in any of the Mow's I have. Wheelie, I would love to see your stash!!!!!
    You never saw my pics? They are old now but you get to see all my GoF, Opus X (not all of them) and a few others too like Partagas 150, a new anejos, hemingway natural and maduro, etc...

http://s570.photobucket.com/albums/ss145/rwheelwright/Humidors and Cigars/
    damn, nice collection there.
    If/when I ever get my cabinet I'll take some more pics. I know have a Lost City humi filled mostly with Anejo #55 and #77 with some Opus X thrown in. It is a beautiful site. I look at it every day. I know, I know. I have issues!
    you picked up a LC humi? holly *** buddy.
    Yeah man. FOund it for $250. Humidor only though!!!!! I have since found them for $450 humidor only but I feel like I lucked out. Shouldn't have bought it though. I need to get a sub for my HT and I need a new car. Damn cigars! :-)
    ah, thought you got it with the cigars. those things were spendy.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    I know Dion dates his boxes, and there are some Tats that are dated. I tend to date my boxes based on when I get them if they are not dated. With special release stuff, you can pretty much figure out when the cigars were packaged. For instance, the Tatuaje tubos were released in two waves (I'm pretty sure about this).
  • Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    Every box I've gotten from Aj Fernabdez's factory has a date on it. It's a little white sticker on the corner on the bottom of the box. Even the Ccom house line that come out of his factory have them. Wish the whole industry would do that. Even samplers that were assembled at his factory have the date sticker. The six pack MOW sampler that came with my Virtue's as a freebie were dated.
  • ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    the only time I have bought a box of cigars was this past weekend on the Blitz, and that wasn't even a box, it was a mazo of 15. That's a really neat thing that some of the companies date the boxes. Maybe when I get all growed up I'll be able to find out. lol
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    camacho does it.
    Avo has codes.
    i think LFD does it with a few of the blends
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    I wish I bought boxes enough to realize things like this. :P
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    t_evan50:
    I wish I bought boxes enough to realize things like this. :P
    i look when i go into the B&M.
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    My Padrons have it, my GOF also have the dates...
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    damn, nice collection there.
    +1 man that is a nice collection lol
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    I was pleased to see both my La Cuna and Padillas had dates on the boxes.
    Light 'em up.