Home Cigar 101

Southport small round humidifier question

Ok my friend and I are both quite new to the cigar world. We are both excited to become members of this world but we do have a couple questions. We have recently ordered the Acid 20ct humidor that comes with the Southport small round humidifier. How do we set up this smaller humidor properly and does anyone know if you have to fill that little humidifier and if so how?

Comments

• rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
    Those humidifiers aren't much to speak of honestly, but they do work... As for what to do, you just have to fill it... preferably with PG solution rather than distilled water... As for setting up the humi, just season it like any other... A quick search here or on google will give lots of details, but basically the easiest way is just to put a bowl of water in it sealed up for a few days...
  • Cool. Thanks
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    I was told to put a dish of distilled water in a new humidor, let it set for about a week, of the two different humidors I have set up so far, I have noticed they started reaching the 70% mark pretty consistently after a few days, but I left it going just to be positive I rehumidified the cedar.