Home Cigar 101
Options

Lighter help?

wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
Hey guys. My triple torch just bit the dust. All it seems to be doing is sputtering flames and going out or just sparking. I use Vector Quintuplus (filtered 5 times). I've tried purging the fuel tank and blowing compressed air into the flame outlets.

Anyone know of any other ways to get it fixed? It's a Rocky Patel Executive.

Comments

• Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Had this problem with my Xikar repeatedly until I couldnot get it to work any longer nomatter what I did....Colibri on the way,hoping formuch better results...no advice to offer sorry...
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    You making sure that the lighter is at room temperature before using it? I had the same problem with my B-1 for the longest time and I thought I got a bum lighter. After keeping the lighter in my pocket when smoking outside, I've not had that problem again. I think the science behind it is that butane has a really low boiling point so you want to keep it warm to avoid having the fuel in your tank turn into liquid.
  • Options
    Actually, the lighter's been doing this at all temperatures. I've tried room temp and outside temp (20 to 60 degrees). All the lighter does is sputter and die or just spark.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    wwhwang:
    It's a Rocky Patel

;)

I know, I know. Not productive discourse.... but still.

It does still spark every time though?
  • Options
    docbp87:
    wwhwang:
    It's a Rocky Patel

;)

I know, I know. Not productive discourse.... but still.

It does still spark every time though?
    Lol. I know :P I find it kind of ironic that I don't like most of his blends, but I do like his lighters. And yes, it does spark every time.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Alright, well if it is sparking every time, then it is probably a problem with dispensing gas. Can you hear gas coming out when you open the valve? In other words, when you press the button, gas should start flowing before the ignition mechanism, which causes the spark, catches and fires, and ignites the gas, and that's how a lighter works lol.

Maybe ask Andy D. if he has any ideas?
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    did you clean off the burner?