Home Ratings & Reviews

Unlimited Diesel Saved Me!

I have tried a number of different cigars since I started smoking cigars last summer. None have really had a lasting appeal. I thought the nub habano and maduro would be my favorites, but I really began to dislike the taste for what ever reason. I was rather disappointed with the MOW Ruination. It wasn't bad, but not worth the price tag in my opinion. With all the cigars none held me captive enough to want me to go out and buy a box. I felt that may be cigars just aren't for me. Trying to force myself to like cigars just wasn't working. Plus it can get pricey! Then diesel unlimited came along, and I have not looked back. Good price, and plenty of flavor and smoke. Now my humi is filling up with d5 and d6 cigars. Boy do they smell good in the humi. My wife thinks it's funny when I go and sniff the humidor. I would encourage you to try them if you haven't. But start with the d5 size. MMMMMMMMM

Comments

• Hard to believe you were disappointed with the Ruination. In my opinion the #2 blows away the Diesel. The Unlimited is an awesome smoke don't get me wrong, but the Ruination is just phenomenal. I buy a lot from CCOM, but if you shop around you can get the Ruinations for only a few bucks more than the Unlimiteds (10 pack).
  • christian1971christian1971 Posts: 467 ✭✭✭
    I bought the tin pack which contains 5 MOW and 5 MOW Ruin.
    Maybe if it sits in the humidor a bit longer I will like it more. But I don't see myself buying any more. I also got the MOW Humidor. It looks and works very well.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    I had a similar experience shortly after getting into cigars. I kept trying sticks and not being wowed. The first stick that really made me think this hobby was for me was a 262 Paradigm. Since then i've found several that I deem box worthy. I've got some unlimiteds resting, I think its about time to smoke one.
    I would love to smoke right now but the temp outside is 4F. Even in the garage it feels cold. Especially if one isn't moving. I get real stiff and want to go inside before I am done. Oh I wish spring were here!!!
  • Same here. Sitting on the patio in the evening I can only make it through half of a cigar before I call it quits. Costco has a heater on sale I'm going to try out. If it doesn't work out then I'll just return it. I love my cigars, but not enough to sit in freezing weather for 2 hours.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    The Ruination really needs at least 6 months of rest, if not a year, before it hits it peak. Even then, its not for everyone.
    You may want to try a sunflower heater. You attach it on top of a 20 gal propane heater. Works great! I left mine up north during hunting. I am glad to see (well not really) that I am not the only one not able to finish a cigar. It feels such a waste, doesn't it? I get a little more than half way on the unlimited and then my bones feel stiff and cold. I'm 39 and I think I am already getting arthritis, so this cold isn't helping. I may have to build myself a small backyard shack if I am still smoking this time next year. As you say, it's no fun freezing. Wife thinks I am nuts. She's right!! Keep warm!!!!!
  • Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    Russ55:
    The Ruination really needs at least 6 months of rest, if not a year, before it hits it peak. Even then, its not for everyone.
    Agreed. IMO all of the MOW lines really need time to get really good. The first MOW I tried I was very disappointed, but 4 months later I tried another from the same tin sampler and fell in love! Give them lots of rest and revisit them before you write them off.
  • SchroozSchrooz Posts: 165
    Diesel Unlimited is my all time fave. I tried the d.7 first and I like it a lot. I think this will be my ultimate celebration stick if there is such a worthy celebration in my future......I would bite off an inch and chew on it while smoking the rest. I agree they do smell really good. Very fragrant.
  • I have one in my humidor right now. Can't wait to try it out. Glad to see another good review on it.
  • christian1971:
    I have tried a number of different cigars since I started smoking cigars last summer. None have really had a lasting appeal. I thought the nub habano and maduro would be my favorites, but I really began to dislike the taste for what ever reason. I was rather disappointed with the MOW Ruination. It wasn't bad, but not worth the price tag in my opinion. With all the cigars none held me captive enough to want me to go out and buy a box. I felt that may be cigars just aren't for me. Trying to force myself to like cigars just wasn't working. Plus it can get pricey! Then diesel unlimited came along, and I have not looked back. Good price, and plenty of flavor and smoke. Now my humi is filling up with d5 and d6 cigars. Boy do they smell good in the humi. My wife thinks it's funny when I go and sniff the humidor. I would encourage you to try them if you haven't. But start with the d5 size. MMMMMMMMM
    i was going through my humi today and i have 1 d.5 and it looked so good i wanna smoke it but i only have one so i might brake down buy a couple more or just light this one up.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I enjoy the Diesel Unlimited much better than the Unholy Cocktail original. Much smoother cigar and refined flavor compared to the original
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Duder2:
    Russ55:
    Agreed. IMO all of the MOW lines really need time to get really good. The first MOW I tried I was very disappointed, but 4 months later I tried another from the same tin sampler and fell in love! Give them lots of rest and revisit them before you write them off.
    I'm glad to hear this because I tried a Ruination not long ago and was not impressed at all... I have another resting so I'll leave it for a good long while and hope it improves.

I so have one of the Unlimiteds resting in the humi and can't wait to fire it up!
  • I have tried 1 diesel not sure which one. but i know it was very forgetable wasnt a cigar i would buy again. I think i have a couple in the humi so maybe after some rest ill appreciate them more. Which all my cigars will probably get a few months of rest since it is to cold to smoke out side right now. did it sunday because i really wanted to try the MOW Armada it was worth me not beeing able to feel my hands, But i think ill be waiting till its warmer before i go out again, maybe then ill give the diesel another shot.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    Duder2:
    Russ55:
    I'm glad to hear this because I tried a Ruination not long ago and was not impressed at all... I have another resting so I'll leave it for a good long while and hope it improves.

I so have one of the Unlimiteds resting in the humi and can't wait to fire it up!
    Also, I didn't care for the Ruination in the torpedo size. Try the Robusto #1 with at least 6 months on it before you make any determination. That's still one of my favorite cigars. I still haven't tried the #2, but I'm not a huge fan of that size ring gauge. I'm quite content with the #1.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Russ55:
    PuroFreak:
    Duder2:
    Russ55:

Also, I didn't care for the Ruination in the torpedo size. Try the Robusto #1 with at least 6 months on it before you make any determination. That's still one of my favorite cigars. I still haven't tried the #2, but I'm not a huge fan of that size ring gauge. I'm quite content with the #1.
    The #1 is what I smoked and that's also what I have resting in the humi. I only had it about 4-6 weeks when I smoked it so I'll give it 6mo to a year and try the other one.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I haven't had the 1, but I have had a bunch of the toros. I really like them. I wasn't fond of the mow when I first smoked it but after several months I really enjoyed it. Not sure why exactly, I mean what changed but I really like them now. I think you might like it after some down time.
    I've had one unlimited and like it. I didn't find it that strong but a full bodied smoke for sure. all and all a nice cigar. I need to try some more.