Home Ratings & Reviews

Is this a good cigar?

so i walked into the cigar store i go to today and i noticed they got a new box in... is this cigar any good? it cost $17 is it worth the money? image

Comments

• denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Fuente Hemingway In Between the Lines. Rare and tasty. nice choice
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Hellllls yes. Hemingway Between the Lines is a great smoke.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    This is one of my more prized smokes in the humi!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    personally, i dont think it is anything special. it looks cool and it is rare but know many cigars at 1/2 the price tag that taste way more interesting. there are people out there that would pay way more than $17 for one of those. i am not one of those people.
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    personally, i dont think it is anything special. it looks cool and it is rare but know many cigars at 1/2 the price tag that taste way more interesting. there are people out there that would pay way more than $17 for one of those. i am not one of those people.
    +1
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    I've never tried it. But if I came across it, I'd probably bite. I'm an AF ****. I had a Hemingway Signature Maduro the other day that was out of this world.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    Kuzi's spot on. Looks nice but I've had a lot of them and have many more and while they are tasty not worth the price. I was able to pick up a box of these for 200 and some change when I got a box of the the woam's and hands down I prefer the woam's. why? well the burn is much better. The BTL is hella expensive when they get in stock at a lot of places. I've seen them for 30 plus. 17 isn't bad and while I say try anything once I wouldn't buy the stick for anything more than 12 or so bucks. Sometimes 14 but 17 isn't too bad. Like kuzi said there are better ones out there. the work of arts are nice and aren't too expensive. The maduros aren't as bad either if you can find them. There's another one that is of the same shape but I can't think of the name. It's pretty cheap and tasty.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    phobicsquirrel:
    kuzi16:
    Kuzi's spot on. Looks nice but I've had a lot of them and have many more and while they are tasty not worth the price. I was able to pick up a box of these for 200 and some change when I got a box of the the woam's and hands down I prefer the woam's. why? well the burn is much better. The BTL is hella expensive when they get in stock at a lot of places. I've seen them for 30 plus. 17 isn't bad and while I say try anything once I wouldn't buy the stick for anything more than 12 or so bucks. Sometimes 14 but 17 isn't too bad. Like kuzi said there are better ones out there. the work of arts are nice and aren't too expensive. The maduros aren't as bad either if you can find them. There's another one that is of the same shape but I can't think of the name. It's pretty cheap and tasty.
    All of the Hemingways are the same shape. The Work of Art, Between the Lines, and Short Story, and Best Seller are all close in size (4.something, and a ring between 49 and 60... btl might be smaller ring. Can't remember...)
    I personally love the Hemis, and have never had a bad one.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    As a Fuente fan I have to say that these are ok. Not great. However $17 is much cheaper than I paid. I think I paid approx $30 and only bought maybe 5. Not impressed at all. Even $17 is expensive.
  • SmokySuitSmokySuit Posts: 429
    I've been looking for that cigar! Get it, enjoy it, then tell me where you found it. Within driving distance of NJ?
  • ellinasellinas Posts: 329
    SmokySuit:
    I've been looking for that cigar! Get it, enjoy it, then tell me where you found it. Within driving distance of NJ?
    if tennessee is not far from new jersey then yes it driving distance. unfortunately i cant afford to buy one right now and buy the time i can they may not have any...
  • MephistoMephisto Posts: 508
    ellinas:
    SmokySuit:
    if tennessee is not far from new jersey then yes it driving distance. unfortunately i cant afford to buy one right now and buy the time i can they may not have any...
    Uh, I'm in TN--wouldn't happen to be Knoxville?
  • ellinasellinas Posts: 329
    i have family that lives in halls unfortunately you and i are on opposite ends...i'm in memphis
  • MephistoMephisto Posts: 508
    Yeah, that's a bit of a drive
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    The Hemingway Work of Art Maduro is the same size and just about as rare (I think), and IMO is a lot better smoke, not to mention usually around $6-7 cheaper than the Between the Lines. But that's just my opinion.

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    bacon.jay:
    kuzi16:
    The Hemingway Work of Art Maduro is the same size and just about as rare (I think), and IMO is a lot better smoke, not to mention usually around $6-7 cheaper than the Between the Lines. But that's just my opinion.

i agree 100%