Home Ratings & Reviews

Bugatti Lighter

I received my Bugatti lighter with the Alternative to a daily deal that sold out fast a couple of weeks ago. I really like the way the lighter looked, felt, and worked. It just ran out of fuel this weekend. I went to purge it and couldn't. There was nothing left. You couldn't hear the hiss coming from the lighter while you depressed the button to light it or on the nozzle on the bottom while using a wooden match. I was surprised as I have always had to purge my other lighters when they ran out of fuel. Way to go Bugatti and CCOM!!! Thanks

Comments

• JZJZ Posts: 827
    That lighter is very nice. I especially like the weight to it, feels good in the hand.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    whoflungdo:
    I received my Bugatti lighter with the Alternative to a daily deal that sold out fast a couple of weeks ago. I really like the way the lighter looked, felt, and worked. It just ran out of fuel this weekend. I went to purge it and couldn't. There was nothing left. You couldn't hear the hiss coming from the lighter while you depressed the button to light it or on the nozzle on the bottom while using a wooden match. I was surprised as I have always had to purge my other lighters when they ran out of fuel. Way to go Bugatti and CCOM!!! Thanks

My Xikar lighter is the same way. Never anything left in the tank to purge. Funny, I still do it everytime tho, and then just smile when I DON"T hear any hissing. I haven't even used my Bugatti lighter yet. It is just sitting there looking all pretty, and ready to go.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Man, I love this lighter. Lights up every time, looks good, and feels great.
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    about how many cigars do you guys get lit with one full bugatti lighter?
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    zeebra:
    I think I have gotten around 10. Maybe a few +/- but around there. It has a great burn time.
  • docbp87:
    zeebra:
    I think I have gotten around 10. Maybe a few +/- but around there. It has a great burn time.
    That sounds about right for me as well. I did play with it at first and would flick the ignition to see if it would light. I am very impressed thus far...
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I got about 3 cigars the first couple fills, but I had it turned up way, way too high. It was like a blowtorch. Now that I've turned it down I get a lot better efficiency.
  • PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
    I just got a sick deal on this lighter and jumped on it. I wanted to bump this thread and see how happy people still are with their Bugatti. What are the deff pros? and what are some issues people have had?
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I loved mine for the first 2 tankfuls, then it stopped working completely. Maybe I got the lemon in the bunch.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    I got mine last year in the GoF/ Bugatti 12 Days of Christmas sale and it has been super reliable.
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    dennisking:
    I got mine last year in the GoF/ Bugatti 12 Days of Christmas sale and it has been super reliable.
    I got mine in the GoF DD back in the spring and it doesn't work anymore ):

Disappointed too as I really liked the even torch flame and heft it had. I think the ignitor in mine went on it.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Just lost mine........ image
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    lilwing88:
    Just lost mine........ image
    PM to you sir!

• Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got mine this summer. Love it.
  • lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    I got mine last spring and love it so much that I got 3 more. Never had any issues with mine from a year ago besides one of the screws that holds the metal plates on fell off.
  • BeastcigarBeastcigar Posts: 44 ✭✭
    Best lighter I have ever owned!
  • Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    I got 2 during March Madness and gave one to my nephew. They both still work great (he beats the hell out of his).
  • nikostewartnikostewart Posts: 451
    I definitely need to upgrade to a torch. Matches have been working but a torch sounds like it would be so much easier outside!
  • PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
    I got mine the next day, and I utterly love it. No probs at all yet., Ive gotten into lighting with matches when weather allows, so I mostly use it for touch ups right now.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nikostewart:
    I definitely need to upgrade to a torch. Matches have been working but a torch sounds like it would be so much easier outside!
    You'll find you love the torch, but the flame can be difficult to see when you're outdoors. Word of caution, if you don't see the flame, DON'T stick your finger over it to see if it's working! I felt particularly stupid, but found that not only am I not the only one to have done so, and someone on here did admit to putting his up to his ear, so I felt a little better. I'm considering gettin a Bugatti myself, as the cheapos seem to be short-lived.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • nikostewartnikostewart Posts: 451
    Ouch! Thanks for the word of caution, I will have to remember that once I decide to spring for a nice Torch.

Thanks!
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    traded robbyras some cigars for mine, been working great.

"Long ashes my friends."

• docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    I have had mixed experiences with this lighter. I only use XiKar fuel in it, and it still tends to need to be cleaned every few weeks, or it will not ignite properly. Other than some occasional ignition problems, and a reservoir that is not big enough for me, it is a great lighter. The flame is strong, and burns well. The design is very attractive, and has a fantastic feel in the hand. It feels really solid, heavy even, in the hand, but is not too large or unwieldy to carry around in your pocket. One of the only things I would complain about is the lack of any sort of case for it. I wish it had a leather or canvas sleeve or something for it (something like the cases Palio cutters come with) because mine has some pretty good scratches on it now.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Yeah I'm right there with ya Doc on the scratches - mine has been scratched up to all hell, but on the plus side, I know it can handle it. Either way, a generous BORK is how I got the lighter in the first place, and I'm sure he'd be glad to know I still use it with damn near every smoke.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • sirfoster83sirfoster83 Posts: 783
    Love it just losted the last one I had and the replacement came yesterday.
  • asolomonasolomon Posts: 128
    It's hard to change the lighter strength so I haven't been able to play much around with it - how strong do you recommend setting the flame? All the way down? I find that I can only get 3-4 cigars per filling, not sure if I'm just not filling it up all the way (how do you know when it's full, anyway?), or if the flame is too strong or what.
    Bump - any recommendations on how strong to make the flame on this torch?
  • lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    asolomon:
    Bump - any recommendations on how strong to make the flame on this torch?
    As strong as you like it.
    Why, yes. I am aware it can be as strong as I'd like. I was wondering what people have found is a good balance between not being too weak and not burning fuel too quickly.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I turn it down until it sputters, or won't light, and then turn it back up a quarter turn. It's not a big tank, so you're always going to be very limited. I think I get about 5-6 lights on average. Maybe more.