Home Ratings & Reviews

Padron 1926 & 1964 Anniversary Cigars

phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
I am wondering if for those who have smoked these cigars would or could let me know which would be a better smoke, the natural or the maduro? I wouldn't say that I usually buy maduro's, but I do enjoy a good rich, heavy cigar as long as it packs a good amount of flavor. I also am wondering if there is much difference between the two other than the aging in the tobacco? I am looking at getting a 5 pack sampler of the 64 and though that comes in either maduro or natural, the 26 only comes in a maduro. So any input would be fantastic as they are both rather spendy..

Comments

• vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    I've never had the natural, but the Maduro was great. It had tastes of unsweet chocolate and almonds. Very rich and complex.
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    I've had the 26 in maduro and thought it was incredible. Very smooth, flavorful and pretty strong. I've also had the 64 in the natural wrapper on a few occasions and it's also a top notch stick. Smooth, not quite as strong as the 26, but just as complex and flavorful. I think any way you go with these cigars, they're tough to beat.
  • rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
    Take it for what it's worth since I've never had either! (Though I do have a nice '26 40th in my humi that will probably fall into the "I'll never find an occasion good enough to smoke this thing" category along with that Leccia rolled Nub Maddy sent me...) Anyway, from what I have heard, the general consensus from those that have had both is that the '26 is a better smoke...
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the input peeps, =) I'm thinking that if I can, try both.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    definetly try them all. But the 26 Natural is my favorite.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I have only had the 64 Natural and the 26 Maduro. The 26 is pretty strong. I liked the 64 better, but that was my preference. In fact, I still have one of each that have about 2 years of aging on them.
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    madurofan:
    ...the 26 Natural is my favorite.
    AMEN!
    So I'm gathering that the 26 nat is where I'll start. Thanks for the info guys.
    You're gathering correctly.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    rusirius:
    Take it for what it's worth since I've never had either! (Though I do have a nice '26 40th in my humi that will probably fall into the "I'll never find an occasion good enough to smoke this thing" category along with that Leccia rolled Nub Maddy sent me...) Anyway, from what I have heard, the general consensus from those that have had both is that the '26 is a better smoke...
    Sirius.. I know that some cigars hold a special place in your heart for any number of reasons, and are wonderful to look at, but smoke that one some day or you will miss out . Now the Nub is a different story, just like Maddy will never never never smoke that barber pole ( no jokes allowed) .
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    kaspera79:
    just like Maddy will never never never smoke that barber pole ( no jokes allowed) .
    You're not the boss of me.
    urbino:
    kaspera79:
    just like Maddy will never never never smoke that barber pole ( no jokes allowed) .
    You're not the boss of me.
    er.. yeah
    You guys have ruined that cigar for me. I'll never be able to look at it the same again .... thanks fucksticks.
    lol
    madurofan:
    You guys have ruined that cigar for me. I'll never be able to look at it the same again .... thanks fucksticks.
    haha, lol
    Its funny but not funny haha, funny faux pas.

Hey Lassy look a Miller Lite reference.
    No, I'm pretty sure it's funny haha.
    Incorrect it is not haha
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    urbino:
    No, I'm pretty sure it's funny haha.
    ... Twisted steel and sex appeal, now, THAT'S funny. Wait let's get back on track Those Padron Anniversary cigars are mighty fine.. My wife got me one of each for Christmas, not that she know a White Owl from an Opus X.. She just looks in my humidor writes down a few names and takes the list to the Cigar shop, gives the guy some money and asks what else I would like.. It has worked out so far.. I must remember to put the great ones on top by December.
    madurofan:
    Incorrect it is not haha
    Well I'm haha-ing, but maybe I just have a particularly marvelous sense of humor.
    urbino:
    madurofan:
    Incorrect it is not haha
    Well I'm haha-ing, but maybe I just have a particularly marvelous sense of humor.
    This is probably true. Did I mention I'm flying through your damn airport again on my way back to New Orleans.
    You did not. Maybe you can enjoy the eau d'BBQ this time.

Sounds like your wife and B&M take good care of you, kas. I picked up a '26 natural at my B&M a few weeks ago. Paid out the ass for it. Gonna let that one rest a good long while before lighting it up.
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    I haven't been smoking decent sticks for that long, but after trying a 64 natural exclusivo one day on a nice drive home, I ended up dropping a couple hundred on a box. That experience proceeded to blow all other cigars I had smoked out of the water. I have since had a 64 maduro (diplomatico) that was packed with flavor and smooth to the end. I had my heart set on getting tickets to the upcoming Phish shows, but when that dream fell through, I took the money saved for those tickets and bought a box of the 26 natural #9s. I haven't tried one yet, but I hope they are a good as CA thinks and others seem to believe. I won't be buying any large quanities of cigars for a while, to say the least.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I've sprung for a few 1964 habano imperials. The only thing I need to decide is whether I want to smoke one pretty much straight off or let them all sit and wait until the time is right...whenever that may be.
  • ebitlerebitler Posts: 57
    I bought a samplet or both natural 26's and 64's a while back, while I've only smoked one of the 64's and off the top of my head I can't remember which size, its def in my top 3
    madurofan:
    Incorrect it is not haha
    no I think it's hehe... I think I'm going to order 3 or 4 of the 26 #1's.. Seems like a good size.
    So I bit the bullet and ordered a few cigars today! =) I picked up 4 #1 26's, 2 64's (rubustos) along with some other's that I've been eying.. I'm eager to try the 26 #1, anyone know if these will be smokable right away or should I let one sit a while?
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I think in general it is best to let them sit a while. Call it personal preference if you will, but I like to let cigars sit for at least 2 weeks before smoking them, I think it gives them a chance to stabilize in a new environment. That's the minimum, I'd recommend as much as 3 months before cracking one out, I've found that to be a good baseline time period for resting cigars.
    Thanks for the info, yeah I was pondering that I should let it sit for a couple of months.. Just hard, I've been wanting to smoke this puppy for some time now.
    I'm lettin' mine sit. But I've just got the one. If I had 4, I'd smoke 3 of them right away. All at once.