Home Cigar 101
Options

seasoning a humi

hey guys, my 2humi's are full, gonna use a 35-50 humi, which i had for someone, but they changed their mind, so im running out of space. i love this forum, ......always helpful, what do i have to do to season this, i have many cigars coming in a few days for my bday for the 21st of this month, and gotta put them somewhere thanks guys, stav

Comments

• Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    wait . . . wut? Not sure what you're asking - are you trying to season a humi, or are you out of space (not sure what "they changed their mind" is referring to)? If it's about seasong a 35-count humi, just put a dish of distilled water inside for 3 days or so
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    millennium115:
    hey guys, my 2humi's are full, gonna use a 35-50 humi, which i had for someone, but they changed their mind, so im running out of space. i love this forum, ......always helpful, what do i have to do to season this, i have many cigars coming in a few days for my bday for the 21st of this month, and gotta put them somewhere thanks guys, stav
    And... It's been my observation that if you mention Birthdays around here, the next thing you know your filing a claim with your homeowners policy for mailbox replacement. ;)
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    I did the same thing, put a bowl of distilled water in there for 3 days. I also wiped down the inside of it with a slightly damp cloth (with distilled water).
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    thanks guys, im gonna do it first thing tomorrow, ............what i meant was that i had purchased a 35-50 humi for someone, and they changed their mind, they didnt want the humi anymore, so it kind of worked out for me, cause i am running out of space with my other 2 humis.........lol.......thanks again guys....
  • Options
    cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    well it is the season so put on some bows and ribbon, that should do!
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Well, due to the rush, I'd agree that a dish of distilled for a few days will do. However, you may have to re-season again down the road. If you have the time, I'd suggest getting 2 Boveda seasoning packs and wait the full two weeks. You can put 30-40 sticks in a gallon sized zip-lock baggie with 2 or 3 humi-pillows, in the mean time.....
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..