Home Cigar 101

Beads

So i know a lot of you guys use beads out there and i know i asked where i can get them last week but is there really any difference between the heartfelt and the conservagel beads...they both seem the same but wanted to get the opinions the more experienced out there seeing as i am a young grasshopper lol

Comments

• bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    smokeater187:
    So i know a lot of you guys use beads out there and i know i asked where i can get them last week but is there really any difference between the heartfelt and the conservagel beads...they both seem the same but wanted to get the opinions the more experienced out there seeing as i am a young grasshopper lol
    I just ordered another batch of Conservagel beads, not heartfelt. I don't seem to have to recharge them as often. I am slowly converting my 1200 ct cabinet over to beads.
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    I have the Heartfelt beads but just did some brief research on the Conservagel beads and those look pretty good, cheaper too! I paid close to $30 for a pound of Heartfelt beads and the Conservagel ones appear to be close to $16.
    Light 'em up.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    JCizzle:
    I have the Heartfelt beads but just did some brief research on the Conservagel beads and those look pretty good, cheaper too! I paid close to $30 for a pound of Heartfelt beads and the Conservagel ones appear to be close to $16.
    Several of us have been talking about the ConservaGel beads for over a year now, but BOTL keep going to the more expensive Heartfelt beads for some reason. The ConservaGel beads work excellently, they are cheaper and they come with one large or two smaller bags to keep the beads in as well.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I've never used the heartfelt, I went straight to the conserva-gel and haven't looked back. They work great.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Hells yea .... I have the conserva gels and have been rocking them for well over a year now and am so glad i bought them.
    laker1963:
    JCizzle:
    Several of us have been talking about the ConservaGel beads for over a year now, but BOTL keep going to the more expensive Heartfelt beads for some reason. The ConservaGel beads work excellently, they are cheaper and they come with one large or two smaller bags to keep the beads in as well.
    Yeah I'm seeing that! There is a discount for buying 4 lbs of Conservagel beads, $15 per pound! That's a whole lot of coolidor space!

I think my next order I will try Conservagel. Nothing against Heartfelt, they shipped free and gave me 10% off and included a bunch of extra cutters for the troops here.
    Light 'em up.
  • thanks for all of the advice boys im puttin in a order first thing tomorrow for some of them conservagel...i figure ill put a little in a medicine bottle for my small container in my locker at the firehouse....about 2 or so oz in my 100ct humi and proally just divide the rest and put it in the 48qt coolidor!!!
    For 60 bucks I can humidify 12 50qt coolidors. :-O
    Light 'em up.
  • Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    I have both and they both work perfectly. One difference I noticed is that the Heartfelt's are more resistant to breaking up from recharging. The cracked beads don't hurt their performance, just an observation. The other noticeable difference is that the Heartfelt's change from clear to white much more obviously as they dry out. Again, not a big deal, just an observation. All that being said, if/when I have to buy more, I will go with Conservagel again.
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Duder2:
    I have both and they both work perfectly. One difference I noticed is that the Heartfelt's are more resistant to breaking up from recharging. The cracked beads don't hurt their performance, just an observation. The other noticeable difference is that the Heartfelt's change from clear to white much more obviously as they dry out. Again, not a big deal, just an observation. All that being said, if/when I have to buy more, I will go with Conservagel again.
    That is the only complaint I have (is that the Conservagel beads do break up). Otherwise very happy with them.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    KCW:
    Duder2:
    That is the only complaint I have (is that the Conservagel beads do break up). Otherwise very happy with them.

Thats really odd ... it seems to be the regular complaint about the conserva gels and I have not had any breaking up issues .... Mind boggling and mine are pushing 18 months
    kingjk729:
    KCW:
    Duder2:

Thats really odd ... it seems to be the regular complaint about the conserva gels and I have not had any breaking up issues .... Mind boggling and mine are pushing 18 months
    I believe it is all about how you recharge them. If sprayed they may break-up. I just leave an open bottle of distilled water in my coolerdor for a day or so and they recharge themselves perfectly, no breaking. The color thing you guy's mentioned is true. They don't look a whole lot different regardless of the moisture content. I go by when the RH drops by more then 2 points... it is time for recharging. This has worked great for me as these are so stable when charged that when they drop 2 points and don't recover in a 24 hour period I know it's time to open the distilled water again.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Another pound on the way for me...
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i have heartfelt beads. i have had them for about 5 years. the Conservagel brand was unheard of at that point. im not even sure if they were making humidor beads at that point or not. either way, they were on NOBODYs radar. Heartfelt was the "new thing" on the forums at the time. it was either that or cat litter...
    Conservagel, can they only be bought from Bargain Humidors?
    Seems to be Steve. I did a search and the only place that kept coming up were Bargain Humidors. Problem with them?
    laker1963:
    Seems to be Steve. I did a search and the only place that kept coming up were Bargain Humidors. Problem with them?
    I didn't care for what they wanted to charge me on shipping
    Diamondog:
    laker1963:
    Really? I remember them giving me a great price on shipping. I would call back and talk to someone else. We both know you could ship them in the US Postal Boxes of a size which would not cost much at all. Were they going to send them Priority or some other over priced method?
    laker1963:
    Diamondog:
    laker1963:
    Really? I remember them giving me a great price on shipping. I would call back and talk to someone else. We both know you could ship them in the US Postal Boxes of a size which would not cost much at all. Were they going to send them Priority or some other over priced method?
    I actually spoke with the store manager or owner whatever and wanted to charge me $22US for shipping, I went with Heartfelts in the end, just ordered another pound and I believe I will be picking up the Coleman Xtreme 100 Quart (95 L) Cooler, Wheeled very soon....I have 7 boxes enroute with no home...lol
  • holy shnikes 7 boxes!!!
  • Diamondog:
    laker1963:

I bought some from Bargain Humidors, and they wanted $70!!! to ship to Iraq through USPS. I luckily can ship to my mother's house with Fedex 10 dollars then have her ship them to me cheaper through USPS.
    tommyspanky:
    Diamondog:
    laker1963:

I bought some from Bargain Humidors, and they wanted $70!!! to ship to Iraq through USPS. I luckily can ship to my mother's house with Fedex 10 dollars then have her ship them to me cheaper through USPS.
    If I remember correctly, when I ordered they did want to charge me a lot for shipping. However when I told the guy that I knew for sure he could ship them to me in a pre paid small box from the USPS for $8 - $10 he agreed. I find there are MANY companies out there who do NOT put enough effort into shipping correctly. They don't research the options available to them, so they could offer high quality low cost shipping for their customers. Whoever ships for this company seems lazy to me. If you have been given information in the past that you could carry forward in your job to do a better job and you choose not to...lazy or stupid, take your choice. Obviously being able to ship your products to your customers in a safe and cheap manner is a huge advantage to any company.
    tommyspanky:
    Diamondog:
    laker1963:

Whoa! I hope they don't try to pull a stunt like that with me.
    Light 'em up.