Home Non Cigar Related

SNOW!

ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
Today was the first real snow of the year for us so it going me thinking, who here loves snow? And if so what do you guys love about it? My whole life I have always enjoyed the snow. My favorite stuff to do in the snow is: snowboarding, skiing, winter backpacking, sledding, inter tubing, snow ball fights, driving in it, just everything.
Here's a pic from this morning:

Comments

• lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    I love the snow too. I grew up half a block away from a park with a big hill that was prime for sledding in the winter. I've also spent most of my childhood skiing. I haven't been in a while, but now that I have kids, I take them sledding and when they get older, skiing.

I recently had the fortune to move back in to the house I grew up in. I bought it from my parents. So, now I get to take my kids to the same hill I went sledding at!
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Martin that's awesome! Getting to provide your kids with the same awesome memories that you have is just priceless!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i love snow. I moved to somewhere that has lake effect now just to have it.
  • LeftFiveLeftFive Posts: 184 ✭✭
    I don't love snow, but I don't hate it either. It's pretty and I like the chill in the air it accompanies, even if it greatly reduces my winter cigar smoking.
    Now that I have a snowblower, I like it a lot more. I also like driving in it, but I hate almost every other person that is driving near me.

Since I blew out my knee skiing has been iffy which is a bummer.
  • Sol1821Sol1821 Posts: 707 ✭✭
    I love the snow, only problem is it makes my country come to a standstill. Bunch of ****.
    Weve had 4 inches over night so not much, end everywhere will be closed today. And my ccom pakage thats in the mail will spend another night in a cold wearhouse somewhere.
    Ps. Like the hat
    Thanks Sol! That sucks about your sticks man! I'm sorry to hear your beauties are having to spend another cold night in some lonely warehouse
    LeftFive:
    I don't love snow, but I don't hate it either. It's pretty and I like the chill in the air it accompanies, even if it greatly reduces my winter cigar smoking.
    Now that I have a snowblower, I like it a lot more. I also like driving in it, but I hate almost every other person that is driving near me.

Since I blew out my knee skiing has been iffy which is a bummer.
    That sucks about your knee man, sorry to hear that
    kuzi16:
    i love snow. I moved to somewhere that has lake effect now just to have it.
    :) I told my old lady that recently and she was like I dunno about that...lol
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you guys get hit pretty good up in NOVA..Richmond got it pretty good yesterday and this morning all the streets in my neighborhood look like a hockey rink!
    Had a few inches more snow, all the busses have stopped and im left with a 16mile walk home, wouldnt mind so much if i had a desent hat andca cigat :(
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Hate snow. People start driving like morons. Businesses close early. I can't smoke outdoors, because it is ultimately too cold. Bah Humbug!
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    16 miles?? Jesus Christ...

I like the silence that accompanies snow. It seems like everything is muted by it. The only downside to it is that Seattle drivers don't know how to drive in the snow.
  • LeftFiveLeftFive Posts: 184 ✭✭
    sightunseen:
    I like the silence that accompanies snow. It seems like everything is muted by it.
    Yes! This is something I love, it's very peaceful.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love snow. I grew up in Iowa and it doesn't bother me a bit. I don't think I could handle winter living in a place without snow. I was so excited when it snowed last week. I am really hoping we get more for Christmas. My best friend and I would sneak out of the house at 2am to go sledding. Nothing like smoking a good cigar in the dark while watching a snowfall at night. Very peaceful.
    smoke em if you got em:
    Did you guys get hit pretty good up in NOVA..Richmond got it pretty good yesterday and this morning all the streets in my neighborhood look like a hockey rink!
    We got about 3 inches up by my house, more to come Sunday, Tuesday and it's supposed to be quite a bit come on Christmas too :) I heard you guys got it pretty bad down there. How much did you get?
    sol1821:
    Had a few inches more snow, all the busses have stopped and im left with a 16mile walk home, wouldnt mind so much if i had a desent hat andca cigat :(
    Holy mother of God, 16 miles in the snow?! Let us know you are still alive Sol! lol
    All is well. The walk was a killer, only because i had a new pair of boots on. I was wearing them uesterday to break them in as i wasnt going to be walking much. Humm. Suppose i can see the funny side of it, even though the blisters are killing me.
  • sirfoster83sirfoster83 Posts: 783
    I hate snow until I get a snow blower but I love that with snow comes ice and there are about 6 outdoor rinks within walking distance. Looking forward to teaching my oldest the finer points of hockey this winter.

If the wife would let me the 220 month old would be getting skates this year.... will have to wait until next it looks like
  • I hate snow for the same reason as Sol. This country is a joke. Nasty walk though :-o
  • ug danug dan Posts: 375
    We got about 3 inches of heavy wet snow last night here in NE Nevada. It was a p[ain to shovel, but it should make some killer snowballs later!