Home Cigar 101

Christmas Gift Sampler

Hi,

Need help picking a gift box for my girlfriend's father, who is a big cigar smoker. I've narrowed it down to a few and I would like the cigars to come in a nice box. I believe he currently smokes med bodied cigars but I'm not 100% positive. These are the 3 I'm looking at now:

Don Pepin Garcia My Father Sampler
Oliva Variety Sampler
Rocky Patel Gift Box

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    If he knows his stuff, you will make a big impression if you buy him the Christmas top tier sampler. If you want to stay safe, consider the Ashton 5 cigar sampler box.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    WOW... one post and the head guy steps up to answer... Top Tier is the way to go... it's on my xmas list for sure
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I picked up two Top Tier Samplers, You can't find all these cigars in the same place anywhere. ( if at all) I can't wait to smoke them all, and hate too at the same time. I may never find them again.
  • docedwardsdocedwards Posts: 319
    robbyras:
    WOW... one post and the head guy steps up to answer... Top Tier is the way to go... it's on my xmas list for sure
    and all at no extra charge. I finally started a thread the other day that got his attention. maybe i finally had a worthwhile thought. probably be a long time before i come up with another one.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    You could always get the 5 GOF + Herfador sampler (churchilll, 2 dbl robusto, 2 robusto); runs around $115 or so, maybe less, or the Diesel sampler (16 sticks for around $30 or $40), and put them all in a nice humidor
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    I think it sort of depends. If he is into the cutting edge, new stuff, then like Alex said, the Top Tier sampler would make a big impression, as every cigar included is very popular AND highly rated, and hard to find. But if he is into sort of old school, classic stuff, then brands like Liga Privada, MOW, and Tatuaje might not mean much to him, so something like a Davidoff sampler, or some Fuente stuff would be more along the lines of what would mean something to him. Maybe call up your rep and see if they can put together like a fancy Fuente sampler (Opus/Anejo stuff, since that stuff just hit the market for this year).
  • The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    Top Tier... I am happy with it
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Top Tier, so happy with it, I've bought 3................
  • Thanks for all the replies. Top tier looks great and I'm probably going with that option.

I'm waiting to hear from my girlfriend's brother about what brand of cigars he smokes. He is 70 so I'm not sure he'll know these cigars and I think he smokes mostly mild cigars so those were my main concerns.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about the Best of Show sampler? I ordered that a few weeks ago and it's a great buy with great cigars.