Home Ratings & Reviews

Cigar.com Cameroon Label - Robusto

I don't have a detailed in depth review about this stick, but I enjoyed it to the nub. Burn was perfect, never needed a touch-up. Lots of creamy, billowing smoke. At first it began very light and mild in both flavor and body. It was kind of underwhelming at first, but it didn't take long for things to get better. It was continuously smooth and creamy throughout the entire cigar and imo stayed in the mild-medium range. The flavor profile was not all that complex, but it did become a very flavorful stogie after the first quarter or half inch. At about the halfway point a barnyard taste and aroma appeared. This was not a bad thing though, it was not overwhelming and it was very pleasant. The barnyard flavor was here and there from halfway down to the nub, but the other simple but enjoyable flavors were still present. All in all it was a fantastic stick, especially for the two dollars you can pay to have one. If I had to sum this up in one word, I would say it is very impressive. It reminded me of Romeo Y Julietta and even slightly resembled a Macanudo. I know many of you aren't fans of Macanudo's but there was a certain flavor profile that reminded me of them, in a positive manner. For the price that these go for, I will definitely be keeping some in my humi.

Comments

• YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. That's one of my favorite House blends as is the Sun Grown. Great smokes for a good price.
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Good stuff, I'd been wondering about the CCOM products, they're so damn cheap, too!
    Light 'em up.
  • ug danug dan Posts: 375
    I've enjoyed all of the CCOM house blends that I've tried. Suprisingly good sticks for the money.
    Who are they made by again? I remember reading it but can't remember exactly who.
    Light 'em up.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    JCizzle:
    Who are they made by again? I remember reading it but can't remember exactly who.
    I think they are starting to be made at Tabacalera Fernandez. They used to be made somewhere else (I cannot for the life of me remember where though). The Cameroon basically reminds me of an unrefined Fuente (just the regular Cameroon wrapped Gran Reservas), which for the price is pretty darn good. The Ccom house blends aren't cigars I LOVE, but they are head and shoulders above the house blends that all of the other major catalog/online houses offer (Scary's parent, and the Nas-T come to mind)
    Thanks for the info, they are definitely on my list of sticks to try. It sounds like you could do much worse when choosing a decent, everyday-type smoke.
    Light 'em up.
  • They're worth every penny, not to mention I'd pay even a little more than what the prices are.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Ccom sticks are excellent values. For my money you can't beat the Red Label. The Cameroon is my least favorite, but I still think it's good.