Home Non Cigar Related

Favorite Cigar/smoking Quotes

PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
I felt it was time for new appreciation thread. Please post your favorite quotes about cigars and smoking, and personal quotes are allowed if you think its good enough. Here are a few of my favs:

“Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man’s enjoyment of his cigar.” – Mark Twain

“If I had taken my doctor’s advice and quit smoking when he advised me to, I wouldn’t have lived to go to his funeral.” – (98 year old) George Burns

"Why pay $100 on a therapy session when you can spend $25 on a cigar? Whatever it is will come back; so what, smoke another one." - Raul Julia

Comments

• JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Whoa, I just sent my brother an email about this. Good call.

"My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them." -Winston Churchill
    Light 'em up.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I won't quote the whole text, but look up "The Betrothed" by Rudyard Kipling. Very entertaining read.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    "If I cannot smoke in heaven, then I shall not go!" - Mark Twain

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form." - Winston Churchill

"I smoke in moderation. Only one cigar at a time." - Mark Twain

• The only thing sexier than a woman who smokes cigars is a naked woman who smokes cigars! unknown
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    tincup703:
    The only thing sexier than a woman who smokes cigars is a naked woman who smokes cigars! unknown
    I don't think that one applies to Monica Lewinsky

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't play at collecting. No cigar anywhere was safe from me.
    - Edward G. Robinson

Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.
    - George Burns

When I get a chance to play golf or go on a boat with good people, take the boat out and put some lobsters on the grill, get the ice-cold beer and the cigars - that's heaven here on earth.
    - Bernie Mac

• sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    "These aren't the droids you're looking for."

Wait...was this suppose to be cigar quotes?
  • camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    "I prescribe 2 tallboys and a good cigar"
    This quote is directly from my registered massage therapist, honest!

• JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    camgfs:
    "I prescribe 2 tallboys and a good cigar"
    This quote is directly from my registered massage therapist, honest!

Nothing like 2 tallboys after a long, hard day.
    Light 'em up.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Not precisely smoking-related, but it's Churchill and everybody loves Churchill (not to mention, this quote entirely sums up me as well):

"My tastes are simple: I am easily satisfied by the best."
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨