Home Ratings & Reviews

tastings

got 2 new cigars:

1) romeo y julieta habana reserve-  nice-looking cigar with a beautiful wrapper but was more look than anything. it burned really well but just didn't have that intense complexity that i crave along with the spiciness.

2) rocky patel cuban blend- WOW! my new favorite cigar. from taste to construction i was a happy man. it smelled great as my girl told me so and i want more! people either love or hate patel's sticks and this 1 is a winner. ROCKY! ROCKY! ROCKY!

Comments

• kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I recently tried a Rocky Cuban and you are right, this cigar really grabs your attention all the way through. It is Full bodied. And just gets more intense as you keep smoking. Not for a rookie. Romeo/Juliet is a simple tasting smoke. Rocky is always a winner.
  • carmike22carmike22 Posts: 70
    I have never heard of a Rocky Patel Cuban. I will have to keep my eye out for them and maybe give them a try especially since I love Rocky Patel cigars.
  • MarkbbMarkbb Posts: 196
    I guess I on the Rocky bandwagon, my everyday smokes are the 12yr seconds that come 15 to a bundle, very nice for second, yeah you'll get a fast burner or a brick but I have a fix for them, now the ROmeo and Juleta I'm having problems with Out of the sampler I recieved so far maybe 2 was a real good smoke but the others were real hard on the draw, and they came out of the same humidor....Now the Maxx oh oh oh thats another story!
  • z3roz3ro Posts: 20
    hmmmm maybe ill stop by and pick up a couple next time im at the cigar shop
  • I always look forward to anything new from ROCKY. Vintage 92's being just a colossal smoke. Old Worlds are good too. Edge Lites in the morning with my coffee (preferably on a beach). I've heard the interview with Rocky on the podcast and was impressed with his attention to detail and quality. This guy just LOVES making cigars.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I read that the latest by Patel is called R4. A corojo leaf with Honduras and Nicaragua tobacco It is rated Medium bodied with a nutty taste, and described as earthy. Probably in the 4-5 dollar rangs. Being a big Patel fan it will be a must try for me.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    An RP cuban blend? hmmmmm I know what I'm wishing for when I win a MAW!