Home Ratings & Reviews

San Lotano Maduro

Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hey guys. I was wondering if anyone has tried the maduro in these. I've had the connecticut and habano both good smokes IMO.

Comments

• sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Had 1 each of the Habano and Maduro. Haven't made a final call, but right now I like the maduro more. Rich and smooth, almost like a coffee coco mousse.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I've tried it. It's ok. I'm not going to buy more than the handful I have now, but I wouldn't turn one down if it was offered to me. I think the Habano Toro is excellent.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    sightunseen:
    Rich and smooth, almost like a coffee coco mousse.
    Damn....wish I had gotten that flavor profile. I thought it sucked.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    I got a rich espresso, dark chocolate, earth, and creamy milk chocolate. Almost like a rich tiramisu.
    Hays:
    sightunseen:
    Not sure how much rest you gave yours, but I smoked mine with about a month or so of rest (since when it was originally released.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    sightunseen:
    Hays:
    sightunseen:
    Not sure how much rest you gave yours, but I smoked mine with about a month or so of rest (since when it was originally released.
    I liked the Habano ROTT.... but the Maduro needs some rest. Too bitter.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
    lilwing88:
    sightunseen:
    Hays:
    sightunseen:
    I liked the Habano ROTT.... but the Maduro needs some rest. Too bitter.
    I could see how the maduro could be bitter ROTT. I had the Habano first and it was definitely a little too full for me. I will be prepared the next time I smoke the Habano.
  • Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    The habano is in my top 3 right now.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Top 3, that's saying something.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Alex Svenson:
    The habano is in my top 3 right now.
    MAN... I haven't even tried these yet. I forgot to put them into my order, and now with orders being large but rather far between, it will be a while. Got to make a mental note to put some of these into the next order. Looks like I need to try both wrappers. So far the Maduro is getting more love, but I am such a sucker for a good Habano wrapper.
  • bripperbripper Posts: 74 ✭✭
    Alex, when will San Lotano cigars be available to us cretins? Tough smoke to find.
  • Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the input guys. Definetly putting the maduro in my next order as well as some more habanos.
    bripper:
    Alex, when will San Lotano cigars be available to us cretins? Tough smoke to find.
    They are available now but I am not allowed to sell them online. I have some boxes and singles but you have to call for availability. It is part of the rules set by the distributor.
    dennisking:
    If you are like me, your top 3 tends to be a carousel. I tend to fall in love two weeks at a time. there are just so many good cigars out there right now. Some of the my benchmarks over time have been Oliva V, Ruination and Liga Privada which always just shift back and forth within my top 10. However, some new ones have broken into the top 10 such as Diesel Unlimited and Ive been digging the Oliveros King Havano and some of the new Alec Bradley stuff coming out of the Racies Cubanas factory. AHHHHHH so many cigars and so little time.
  • Alex Svenson:
    dennisking:
    If you are like me, your top 3 tends to be a carousel. I tend to fall in love two weeks at a time. there are just so many good cigars out there right now. Some of the my benchmarks over time have been Oliva V, Ruination and Liga Privada which always just shift back and forth within my top 10. However, some new ones have broken into the top 10 such as Diesel Unlimited and Ive been digging the Oliveros King Havano and some of the new Alec Bradley stuff coming out of the Racies Cubanas factory. AHHHHHH so many cigars and so little time.
    As highly regarded as your opinion is, you should seriously think about making a thread about your top favorite cigars. As much as it would change, it could be a cool ongoing thing. I for one will buy everything you mention lol. Plus it would be interesting to keep track of what " the guy himself" deems a worthy smoke. Just a thought.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Alex Svenson:
    dennisking:
    Your right Alex. Could I apply to be your designated smoker? Please!
    xIcedGuardianx:
    Alex Svenson:
    dennisking:
    As highly regarded as your opinion is, you should seriously think about making a thread about your top favorite cigars. As much as it would change, it could be a cool ongoing thing. I for one will buy everything you mention lol. Plus it would be interesting to keep track of what " the guy himself" deems a worthy smoke. Just a thought.
    I am flatered you think so and will try to post my 10 today but only if you guys promise to post yours. I need to stay on top of what is hot and what is not to do my job!!
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Im with you Alex, Top 3....and evern Top 10 always is changing and tweaking. I was just going through my dossier from 5 years ago, and the high marks I have to Patel 1990 and LFD Coranado made me laugh because I dont think of them better than average to slightly above right now. Meanwhile, the CAO Italia and Nubs (habano and maduro) I thought as average I now consider top notch sticks. Looking forward to a top 10 thread as well.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I actually got one of each, habano and maduro...haven't had any yet though...from what others have said, sounds like I will like the maduro more.

"Long ashes my friends."