Home Ratings & Reviews

RP 15th Anniversary

I stopped by Rich's in Northwest Portland the other day, and picked up my first RP Fifteenth Anniversary toro, on the recommendation of the kind young gentleman assisting me. I think I paid about $11, and although that is well beyond what I normally spend, I have to say that this is a delicious cigar. It is the perfect finish to a rather heavy meal that included quite a bit of pasta, scallops, shallots and heavy cream. A Yakima Valley red wine somehow paired very well with the main dish. RP has provided the perfect dessert. I'm wondering if we'll be able to pick these up at cigar.com anytime soon. Anyone know?

Comments

• Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Yep, you can get them at ccom. You might have to call in or email them though. I think that's one of his non web brands.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Yes, you can get them at ccom...I think they run about $7 or so for the torps...I like the cigar too, just can't seem to shell out close to $200 for a box though.

"Long ashes my friends."

• denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    glad you enjoyed it. Not a big fan of Rich's downtown. nowhere to smoke and the humidor set up is so weird as there is no walk in. they always seem to have Opus X and Anejo in stock though. Glad to see another PNW'er on here.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Krieg:
    Yes, you can get them at ccom...I think they run about $7 or so for the torps...I like the cigar too, just can't seem to shell out close to $200 for a box though.
    If that's the price though, that's pretty darn good. The Decades go for significantly more plenty of places. Might want to edit your post though. I'm pretty sure that mentioning prices on the forum for items only available via phone/email is a bit of a faux pas here.
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    How do these compare with other RP's? I think RP is a brand I need to try again.
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Just ordered one to try. So, yes..
  • SmokySuitSmokySuit Posts: 429
    O man! I've been wondering when Ccom was going to get these. I see the ads in cigar mags and have been checking the site daily. Great info, I'll be calling... Thanks
    Goldy:
    How do these compare with other RP's? I think RP is a brand I need to try again.
    The 15th Anniv is alot like the Decade when it first came out, except this one is more full bodied. Not a bad cigar at all.

"Long ashes my friends."

docbp87:
    Krieg:
    If that's the price though, that's pretty darn good. The Decades go for significantly more plenty of places. Might want to edit your post though. I'm pretty sure that mentioning prices on the forum for items only available via phone/email is a bit of a faux pas here.
    Considering I've talked about prices like this before, I highly doubt this will ever cause an issue, if it is, I am sure Tim would have let me know.

"Long ashes my friends."

• jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    almost went to the local here to get one, but think ill call ccom and add a few singles to try, thanks
    just bought another one of these, torpedo...gonna let it sit and see how it ages this time...i keep wanting to buy a 10pk of these, but still little too pricey for my tastes.

"Long ashes my friends."

• madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    pretty sure that mentioning prices on the forum for items only available via phone/email is a bit of a faux pas here.
    Since when? Did Alex get his panties in a twist?

Last I was here the only faux pas was mentioning competitors, except for to talk about how horrendous they are, ahem Thompson.
    madurofan:
    docbp87:
    pretty sure that mentioning prices on the forum for items only available via phone/email is a bit of a faux pas here.
    Since when? Did Alex get his panties in a twist?

Last I was here the only faux pas was mentioning competitors, except for to talk about how horrendous they are, ahem Thompson.
    Alex is cool maddie, and yes the faux pas is with competitors prices....not ccom's

"Long ashes my friends."

• TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Mentioning prices that your ccom rep hooks you up with is definitely frowned upon. Many cigar manufacturers, including RP, do not want online retailers to advertise less than MSRP pricing, and while you are certainly not advertising for them, it's still not something that is ok to post here. Make sense?

I've only smoked one of the 15th at a RP event locally, and I was really unimpressed. However, a very generous BOTL from here sent me one recently, so I will certainly be giving it another try. The wrapper on these things is so awesomely toothy - I wish it tasted as cool as it looked!
    TatuajeVI:
    Mentioning prices that your ccom rep hooks you up with is definitely frowned upon. Many cigar manufacturers, including RP, do not want online retailers to advertise less than MSRP pricing, and while you are certainly not advertising for them, it's still not something that is ok to post here. Make sense?
    News to me.....but whatever....i was just answering a question...if you don't like it, then don't read my posts.

"Long ashes my friends."

• smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    TatuajeVI:
    News to me.....but whatever....i was just answering a question...if you don't like it, then don't read my posts.
    Ding Ding Ding....i love that response Krieg