Home Non Cigar Related

White Christmas in Dixie!

Here in the Deep South, (Oxford, AL), it started snowing at about 9 am and continued until about 4 pm. Still getting some flurries. I've got about 2-3 inches at the house and Mt. Cheaha has about 5 inches. I'm 53 and never had a white Christmas as I can recall. I don't know the official record but my Dad is 85 and says he doesn't recall one either. On March 12-13, 1993, we had a blizzard with about 13-16 inches. I had to call my son in KS and let him know what he was missing. If I can stay around untill I'm a 106, maybe I'll see another one. I hope you and your families are well and having a Great Christmas. As for me, I'm at work now and will be untill 6 am.

Comments

• HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Awesome bro! Always nice having that... Just been getting a lot of rain here.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Started snowing here in Virginia in the early afternoon today.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    It's been 70-75 here in FL - enjoyed a MOW Armada with my shirt off, getting a tan :D
  • docedwardsdocedwards Posts: 319
    xmacro:
    It's been 70-75 here in FL - enjoyed a MOW Armada with my shirt off, getting a tan :D
    On any other day I'd be envious. But this is extremely rare, it's Christmas, and I'm in my "Happy Place". Enjoy the sun. And the smoke.
  • xmarco we'll have heavy coats on tomorrow and for a couple more days as it will only be 54 with 30 mph winds for the tampa bay area sunday. did i mention i love snow but hate cold weather. lol
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Started snowing here in Western NC about 9:00 AM ... snowing ever since ... about 6 inches on the ground now .
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    gmill880:
    Started snowing here in Western NC about 9:00 AM ... snowing ever since ... about 6 inches on the ground now .
    No snow here on the east side of the state today Gene. I know there were a few people hoping for a white christmas but no such luck I guess.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    It was a very memorable and spectacular day in Dixie for Christmas. Here in North Florida I went out early to fire up the smoker and a nice layer of frost covered the ground which looked very nice and added a crispness to the air. The temps quickly climbed to 70 by lunch time with bright sunshine.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    ejenne87:
    gmill880:
    No snow here on the east side of the state today Gene. I know there were a few people hoping for a white christmas but no such luck I guess.
    Well, we certainly have a lot of snow here now! there is like 4 or 5 inches out there and it's still coming down. I love seeing people from the south freak out over the snow! I'm from central NY so we dealt with snow about 6 months out of the year there. Snow driving is what I'm best at!
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    same here in GA...hasn't had measureable snow fall here on Christmas since 1882...just so happens that my son's first Christmas is a White Christmas...now that's pretty cool.

"Long ashes my friends."

• PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
    In NYC we are in a blizzard. a lil more than a foot in some places
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    PsychoSJG:
    In NYC we are in a blizzard. a lil more than a foot in some places
    I sorry for you all, but better you than me. Hey wait a minute we just got our fair share two days ago. This is the same storm.... Summer is only six months away.