Home Ratings & Reviews

RP Sun Grown

OK, I seem to be setting a trend that I will braek tomorrow, I promise.. Anyway, I just finished off a RP Sun Grown that I ordered about three weeks ago in the Weekend Box deals. I picked up a box of Torpedos for $79 and well worth it. I really enjoyed that Sumantra wrap and its flavors. Nice burn, great draw no issues whatsoever. I went with a merlot this time, which worked out nice. I can wait to get some more age on them. Fortunately, I have a overflowing Humi with lots of options. Dang Ccom deals.... If you haven't had one yet, pick a few up. Since I have a whole box, i could make a small trade if someone wants. I am looking to try the Amada, Ava Maria and the Deisel unlimited. Anyway, really nice stick at a great price, thanks Ccom. Also picked up the daily Miami deal today. I just couldn't let it go. Lite them if you have them and let no one interrupt your "me time".

Comments

• ellinasellinas Posts: 329
    i've been wanting to try these they look really good
  • ug danug dan Posts: 375
    This was the first smoke I tried to smoke through my nose. I yakked all over myself and have'nt been able to try the sungrowns since! Not thier fault, but I blame them still!
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    One of my go to sticks
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Not a bad stick in my book, but I still think the RP Original Sun Grown is better (if you can still find them)

"Long ashes my friends."

• Back when I favored milder smokes (okay, just a couple of weeks ago), an RP Sun Grown toro out of a gift box was the first (followed by the Decade and two Olde World Reserves) to convince me that I was missing out on some wonderful full-flavored cigars. The Sun Grown itself was a perfect specimen, and I swore the first taste was one of sun-dried tomato (yea, whatever...). So I immediately went online (some monsterish website, if you know what I mean) and found a 5-pk of the robusto for about $13. Well, I knew right when they arrived that these were NOT the same RP Sun Growns I was looking for. Dried, cracked wrappers, stale, incredibly and unforgivably harsh. I did a taste test and a Cuban Legacy $1.75 stick beat the sun grown - no way. I am now in the process of sending back the unsmoked 4 sticks, but appear to be getting the run around. Lesson learned (stay here at cigar.com and related), but I did want to give a HUGE thumbs up to the RP Sun Grown. They're delicious.
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    So the RP Sun Grown is a full-bodied stick?
    Light 'em up.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    JCizzle:
    So the RP Sun Grown is a full-bodied stick?
    med-full I'd say. They are pretty tasty though. I wish I had more room and more cash so I could grab a box of those, plus a couple more off that bedlam deal!
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Good to know, I'm looking forward to my first sun grown wrapper cigar.
    Light 'em up.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    Not a bad stick in my book, but I still think the RP Original Sun Grown is better (if you can still find them)
    agreed.