Home Non Cigar Related

New Year's Resolutions

xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
Ok, time to 'fess up and tell the world what you wanna change about yourself in the New Year - we both know it's a long shot (God knows how many new years resolutions I've failed at), but hey - it's a new year, which is cause for hope.

My new years resolution: Lose weight, get a better job and excel at said job, and develop my palate so I have a better idea of what I'm tasting in a cigar

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    smoke more.
    build a smoking room in the attic
    finish building that guitar in the basement.

i really only see one of those happening.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smoke More

Lose weight or get taller, one of them has to happen!
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    1) Whip my backside into a shape other than round (or "Get All The Way Back From Knee Reconstruction, Phase II"

2) Maximize my time with my kids.

3) Maybe, just maybe, actually finish smoking the avalanche of great cigars I got bombed with to end the Sniper's Box game (thanks again fellas!).

• Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    1) Lose weight
    2)build more shelves in the humidor
    3)Be more active in doing things such as hiking, seeing more shows(music, comedy, etc)
    4)Get engaged
    5)Get hired onto the CA correctional department
    6)Work on the house and get it the way I want it to finally be.

Simple as that
  • - Smoke more cigars
    - Get hired on a Fire Department
    - Get my car back into top shape
    - Ride my sportbike more
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I resolve, once again, to make no resolutions.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I don't make resolutions either because of the negative connotation the concept has, but I do make goals. I make them realistic, and usually achieve them. One of mine this year is to add regular exercise back into my routine. Not trying to lose weight, or get in shape, but rather just get used to regularly exercising. It might be a year too early for this one though. I got my hands pretty full with going back to school, work, and family.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to

Get in better shape

Finish my basement and sub-basement

Spend more time with my kids

Get a job that I don't hate even if it means taking a pay cut

Get out of debt so I can afford to get that new job

• Smoke higher quality even if that means less. (i have two pipes for the days i feel more cost conservative but want a really nice blend)
    Get A's (i'm in college still).
    Go to China and succeed during my time there (i'm majoring in Chinese language and culture).
    Get in better shape

relatively simple overall i think...that' last one could cause some trouble though
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    I, along with Joe, never make resolutions. I live life as it comes, yet at the end of the year my life always seems better than when it started. Maybe it is just my outlook but it works for me.
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Like others on this forum, I don't make New Year's reslutions per se, but I do make goals year round. I just turned 30 and have spent the last 10 years or so busting my ass and I'm in a pretty good place now, but I have some minor goals for 2011:

Put a dent in my new 600 entry dossier
    After 6 years of school/grad school, read more for enjoyment
    Become debt free (should be done by late spring/early summer
    Go to Thailand
    Go to Germany

That's a good start for now...
    Light 'em up.
    now that i have thought about this seriously...

complete a Marathon

yup... all 26.2 miles.

kuzi16:

complete a Marathon

yup... all 26.2 miles.

Great goal! Any choices for your first marathon?
    Light 'em up.
    JCizzle:
    kuzi16:

complete a Marathon

yup... all 26.2 miles.

Great goal! Any choices for your first marathon?
    i live in Akron Ohio and that is one of the best in the nation (so im told) so il will do that first.
    a few friends are kinda keeping each other motivated. its hard to run in the show though.
    Sounds great, keep us in the loop. I've ran a handful of them myself so I'm famliar with the training programs.
    Light 'em up.
    JCizzle:
    Sounds great, keep us in the loop. I've ran a handful of them myself so I'm famliar with the training programs.
    yeah... the training program im using involves a lot of running.

HA!

but seriously, im just going to do a more intense version of the cross country workout week i used to.
    two longer days, two shorter and faster days, a lung capacity day, and a strength day.
    one or two rest days where all i do is a basic stretching routine.
    eat a lot. Drink a ton of liquids.

i plan on running the course a few time but in pieces. i want to know where i am during the race.

ive been thinking of biking as a way of training in alternative ways.
    Sounds like you're all squared away. Cycling is always good, I used to do swimming, as well. Plenty of beer drinking, I mean, "recovery" drinks after intense training sessions. ;-)
    Light 'em up.
  • ellinasellinas Posts: 329
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    JCizzle:
    Sounds like you're all squared away. Cycling is always good, I used to do swimming, as well. Plenty of beer drinking, I mean, "recovery" drinks after intense training sessions. ;-)
    I do believe that there is some evidence to support a single lager or wheat beer being relatively conducive to a good recovery.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
    Hays:
    JCizzle:
    I do believe that there is some evidence to support a single lager or wheat beer being relatively conducive to a good recovery.
    I've read that somewhere I think. Also, chocolate milk is supposed to be great for recovery.
    Light 'em up.
    JCizzle:
    Hays:
    JCizzle:
    I've read that somewhere I think. Also, chocolate milk is supposed to be great for recovery.
    not to mention that its delicious.
  • JZJZ Posts: 827
    I resolve not to get pissed at all the new members at the gym that bounce around from station to station with no plan or idea on whats going on and remember they'll only be there for a couple of weeks at most!
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    JZ:
    I resolve not to get pissed at all the new members at the gym that bounce around from station to station with no plan or idea on whats going on and remember they'll only be there for a couple of weeks at most!
    Good luck with that one!
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Reading this....I see there are a lot of fat a$$es on here. THAT BEING SAID (lol), I....for the 7th year in a row.....make losing my own fat a$$ a New Years Resolution;)
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Beat me to it. Resolutions should be made when neccessary, not when the calendar/tradition says it's time.

Besides, a resolutiuon backed by no action is like a bacon sandwich without the bacon.