Home Non Cigar Related

Nostalgia

HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
Well, a lot of you know I work graveyard shifts often at work, and one tends to engage in random things to pass the time. This evening, after checking my PMs for any latest messages, I decided to skip through some old PMs, and really just indulge in some classic nostalgia.

One of the greatest things I will always love about cigars is the people that I have come to know because of them. Learning about cigars, developing my tastes, building my collection... it has all been an excellent adventure, but I probably would have honestly lost interest by now if it weren't for the amazing friends that I have made over just the year and half or so that I've been into cigars. The funny thing is, I really do look at a lot of you guys like brothers and extended family (and a few crazy Uncles), and it's only when I have to try to explain this to someone else that it really strikes me how extraordinary that is. You guys have been here with me through both victories and defeats, and I know I stand with the rest of you supporting others during their own successes and trials.

With the new year coming in, I look forward to another great year of being a part of this amazing group of people, getting to know our newer members, and expanding my horizons even farther in cigars and life. Thank you guys for being such an excellent group of friends.
¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨

Comments

• YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. Since I've joined the group, I've learned a great deal more about cigars, "met" some great people and kept several of the brothers in my thoughts and prayers as they worked their way through various problems.

I guess that's what family is for and this group has become family. Due to my advanced age with another year tacked on Christmas Eve, I'm the crazy grandfather and uncle to most of you young guys. As I said before, growning old is mandatory, growing up is optional. My problem now is "getting lucky" is finding my car in the parking lot!

I hope you all had a great Holiday and wish you all the best for 2011.

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Hays:
    The funny thing is, I really do look at a lot of you guys like brothers and extended family (and a few crazy Uncles), and it's only when I have to try to explain this to someone else that it really strikes me how extraordinary that is.
    i was talking about the holiday pass here to some non cigar people at work and i was running down the cigars and prices that i just gave to (according to them) "some guy on the internet" and they thought i was nuts.
    People do not understand the cigar community. i have stopped trying to explain it to them.
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    I'm glad I found this place, it's a nice way to talk to people with interests similar to mine when I'm 8,000 miles away from home. I hope to someday herf with ya'll.
    Light 'em up.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    This is a great pastime and just some amazing people. I mean who would give away cigars? That just astounded me when I came here. I have to admit, it can be fun. Working up a little package for the unsuspecting now, east of the Mississippi between the 35 and 40th parallel
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    This is an extraordinary great group of " extended family". I know your support has meant a great deal to me and my family from my heart attack in '09 to the passing of family members to family illnesses and accidents like my dads. I've been here 2 years 3 months and really feel like I have family and friends here. I hope I have helped someone somehow sometime from my time here with maybe some advice, encouragement, or maybe a cigar package or two some of you enjoyed . I hope everyone gets a chance to enjoy this forum as an outlet for good cheer and sometimes the strain and stress of everyday life as I have found it to be. I really do find it to be kinda like the "Cheers " bar ... a place where everyone knows your name . Great bunch of people and BOTL whose generosity knows no boundaries. ............... GROUP HUG EVERYBODY !!! Seriously , I hope this forum and all of us are here for many years to enjoy each others comraderie(sp) . Special Thanks to CCOM for providing this wonderful place for us to visit with one another !!!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I know I always enjoy seeing you on the forums Geno. We are a couple of the old school guys back when there were only a few hundred members here. Now we are 10,000, and getting better all the time.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to win the Powerball so we can all meet on my dime and spend a week smoking in Cuban or somewhere that is cigar heaven.
    kaspera79:
    I know I always enjoy seeing you on the forums Geno. We are a couple of the old school guys back when there were only a few hundred members here. Now we are 10,000, and getting better all the time.

Same here buddy ... I cant believe how many members there are now . Wishing you a happy New Year my friend and everyone else here as well .
    jsnake:
    I want to win the Powerball so we can all meet on my dime and spend a week smoking in Cuban or somewhere that is cigar heaven.

I'm Innnnnnnn !!!!!!
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Good post Hays. If not for this forum, I never would have gotten as into cigars as I am, and I've met some really great people. For being a bunch of guys on the internet, I can honestly say that I cherish the relationships that have been cultivated here, and even though physically most of us are strangers I feel like meeting anyone on here would be like hanging out with a good friend. Looking forward to 2011 I hope to be able to meet more forum folk in real life, that would be just fine by me.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey Joe, Always nice to see your name up there too. I just regret that California is 2000 miles from here since there are so many great brothers out west.
  • letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Posts: 677 ✭✭
    JCizzle:
    I'm glad I found this place, it's a nice way to talk to people with interests similar to mine when I'm 8,000 miles away from home. I hope to someday herf with ya'll.

You can always tell when Jcizzle has herfed with you, cause when you wake up in the morning all your cigars are gone, and your wifes pregnant...j/k man