Home Cigar 101
Options

question about using cigar boxes...

just purchases a wine a dor, i am using 2 big pouches of beads for the humidity. the humidity in the wine a dor is 71%. i have 5 cigar boxes that im using to keep the cigars in. is it necessary to put some beads in each box , or are the bags enough? btw all the boxes haev lids on them thanks for your time stav

Comments

• Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    No need for beads in every box, just keep them in the bags they are in. The boxes are nowhere near air tight so that isn't an issue.
  • Options
    One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    Ejenne is right on. The only boxes you would need to put beads in are boxes that are designed to work as a stand-alone humidor, which are relatively few and far between and you would know if you had one of those.
  • Options
    thanks guys , i appreciate it, have a grt week happy new year
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    One2gofst:
    Ejenne is right on. The only boxes you would need to put beads in are boxes that are designed to work as a stand-alone humidor, which are relatively few and far between and you would know if you had one of those.
    Like the Armada box?
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    most likely that would be my guess
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    JCizzle:
    One2gofst:
    Like the Armada box?
    Yes, exactly like the Armada box. But with a box like that, I would NEVER hide that beauty in my humi. I've never seen a stand-alone cigar box that wasn't at least decent enough looking to be out on display.
  • Options
    One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    JCizzle:
    One2gofst:
    Like the Armada box?
    Yeah. The armada box even has a hygrometer and humidification device, but others are just made to hold a seal and a humidipack or similar. I also agree, I wouldn't hide such a nice box, but just offering another small piece of info.
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Yeah I'm thinking that bad boy would have to be on display and even used for other sticks once I smoked all the Armadas...
    Light 'em up.