Home Ratings & Reviews

Gurkha Status

Has any on tried these picked up two of them never seen them before and thought i would get them

Comments

• docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    As a non-gurkha smoker in general, this is actually one stick I am interested in (along with the various dragons, and the Triads)
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Hmm... The Gurkha Status, in my opinion, is one of the few honest cigars Gurkha makes (this does not particularly validify it with me, however).

Connecticut shade wrapper, with Dominican binder and fillers. Perfectly mild stick, flavorful, and has flashy packaging. In other words, this is the cigar you buy when you: don't know much about cigars, want something that is, and LOOKS, expensive, and won't knock you on your ass. This is where my "honest" comment comes into play - they call it the Gurkha 'Status' for a reason.

For the dollar (and less), there are much better connies out there. Not to knock anybody that wants this cigar, don't get me wrong... I bought it too, and that's my impressions.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    I found it to be one of few mild cigars that really was flavorfull and not like smoking air, sure it was kind of pricey, can't say I remember how much I spent on it... but it was very nice.
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    I kind of agree with Hays on this one. I bought one a while back. Fancy packaging, overpriced, decent stick, but there are better mild sticks out there. I think I did a writeup on mine (it should be in my "more reviews" thread - just do a search for gurkha status).

Not saying I wouldn't smoke one again, just wouldn't pay that price to smoke one. If I got them under $10, I'd consider picking up a few.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I had the beauty before I had the status. And while it's a nice sticks way too mild. The beauty is much better than the status and not much more.
  • yeah when i got it i thought it was the status maduro not the connie and it is pretty pricey i paid 17 stick