Home Non Cigar Related

Mega Millions

bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
Anyone besides me buy a lotto ticket for that massive jackpot this time around?

Comments

• kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    I did as well ..... It would be nice to win and retire my entire family for life
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in. I usually buy tikets every week. The most I've won in the past six months was two dollars! But... you have to be in it to win it.

Besides, it's fun thinking about the walkin humidor in my lakefront home with the smoking room!
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    YankeeMan:
    I'm in. I usually buy tikets every week. The most I've won in the past six months was two dollars! But... you have to be in it to win it.

Besides, it's fun thinking about the walkin humidor in my lakefront home with the smoking room!
    Screw a smoking room, I'd have a smoking home, lol.
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    One2gofst:
    YankeeMan:

Screw a smoking room, I'd have a smoking home, lol.
    If I won, I'd pay off my debt, finish engineering school, and buy land in either eastern PA or out west somewhere and build a cabin on a lake. With a walk-in humi of course.

More than that though it would allow me to retire early to do Habitat or other engineering/medical charity work abroad. Something where I could use my professional expertise to help ppl.

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    True Story...

A few years back when my dad was working at PGE a guy that worked with him won a huge jackpot, I think it was the oregon lotto if not mistaken. He and a couple of other people. I can't remember the exact amount but it was at least in the teens. The really f'd up part is that this guy was the "guy" who went around and asked if people wanted to buy in. So he would then go and but x-amount of tickets based on the amount of money he got. Well apparently only my dad and another guy pooled and since it wasn't enough people (not sure why) he gave them their money back. Well that was the one time you wanted to have it pooled. So after he won, he quite his job, his wife of 17 years left his A-S-S, and now I don't know, but I'm sure he's enjoying life. I think it's F'd that his wife left, just to get half of his winnings, I mean what a ***. Anyway hopefully he has some young hottie.

I should play more often, I do make a few hundred bucks a month from playing poker but it'd be nice to win a few mil.
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    for 245 million ill be buying 10 bucks worth tonight
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Joeyjoe21_8:

247 million
  • letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Posts: 677 ✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    True Story...

A few years back when my dad was working at PGE a guy that worked with him won a huge jackpot, I think it was the oregon lotto if not mistaken. He and a couple of other people. I can't remember the exact amount but it was at least in the teens. The really f'd up part is that this guy was the "guy" who went around and asked if people wanted to buy in. So he would then go and but x-amount of tickets based on the amount of money he got. Well apparently only my dad and another guy pooled and since it wasn't enough people (not sure why) he gave them their money back. Well that was the one time you wanted to have it pooled. So after he won, he quite his job, his wife of 17 years left his A-S-S, and now I don't know, but I'm sure he's enjoying life. I think it's F'd that his wife left, just to get half of his winnings, I mean what a ***. Anyway hopefully he has some young hottie.

I should play more often, I do make a few hundred bucks a month from playing poker but it'd be nice to win a few mil.
    ehh It's like I always tell my wife. Guy comes home from work early, tells his wife "I just won the lotto, lets pack up"......she says" what should I pack for...the mountains? ....the beach....europe???" He says, " I don'e care what you pack for, just get the hell out"
    I wish everyone that played luck. I am in for 20
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got my ticket
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Joeyjoe21_8:

247 million
    2 million sounds like a lot (and actually is a lot), until you compare it to the 245 million before it....But it's a .81% difference...Funny that such a small percentage can represent such a large number, a trick congress seems to know...
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    I got $20 worth and hit for a joocy $3.

Up to $290 million, so I'll be buying another $20.
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    zeebra:
    I got $20 worth and hit for a joocy $3.

Up to $290 million, so I'll be buying another $20.
    I bought $10 worth. Guess it still doesn't hurt to check them now that I know I didn't hit the Jackpot. I will be getting some more this week. Probably whatever few bucks I have in my pocket after lunch. I don't usually spend a bunch or have a set amount that I spend, just whatever is left over. It only takes a $1 to win. I think that the dollar is a good bargin for a pipe dream or the what if game.
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    Next jackpot boys!!! $330 Million!!

• bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank goodness I turned my $14.00 into $9.00. Now it is time to turn my $23.00 into $330,000,000,000.00. Man, that looks nice.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forgot to get a ticket. Not going to forget again.
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    Hey you gotta laugh at this one... I am in also for about $20...its over 300 million now...
  • ellinasellinas Posts: 329
    i think someone up in washington won...i was talking to my grandfather about this yesterday and he said he won one time but at the time he didnt know it, so he through his ticket away because it was announced on tv that someone else had won, and at that time he was new to the game and didnt know you could split the pot.....he said it wasn't until about a year later when talking to someone in a bar that he found out that he had thrown away millions.