Home Cigar 101
Options

Cigar recommendation for me?

I love the slightly sweet taste of the Fuente Short Stories, and am general a fan of maduros. Do any of you have a suggestion for something that tastes like these short stories, but is more varied in size?

Comments

• Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Well if you can find a work of art maduro from fuente give that a whirl. They are about the same size though. Nub makes a nice cammy wrapper cigar and their maduro isn't that bad. Camacho makes a fantastic triple maduro and it comes in various sizes. Liga privada no 9 is a slightly sweet, very full flavored maddy. LFD makes some nice ligero and double ligero cigars. I like the 500 in the ligero and I love the chisel maduros.

Oh and if you want to sit back for a few hours (about 2.5 or so) get a LFD salomon maduro. A very nice cigar just a biggie.
    I should also mention that gurkha makes a good few cigars, the Titan, Beast, and Beauty. They aren't too badly priced if you can get them on a deal. I really like the beast and titan, and the beauty is one of the best lighter smokes I have had.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    ..Oh and if you want to also treat yourself go for a 1926 padron 80th maduro. That's a cigar right there. Now I also like the 1926 anni cigars but am not super fond of the 1964 annis. Either way nice cigars.
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Deja vu post.
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    JSRJSR Posts: 7
    Thanks for the recommendations. I have followed through and will let you know. I was able to find those beautiful Salomons too. Ordered a box of ten. If you want the source let me know. I look forward to trying the Camacho and the LFD's. Appreciate the help. I am relatively new to this world, but I know what I like.
  • Options
    SmokySuitSmokySuit Posts: 429
    If you like the AF short stories then go for somrething else in a Cameroon wrapper.