Home Cigar 101

salt look in cigar ash? what is it??

tjptjp Posts: 26
Just had a nub cameroon, and looking closely at the ash, there were little white specks, not alot, about the size of table salt. I looked over the cigar, no holes or damage to the wrapper. Burned fine with no issues, then down to the last inch tore up and inspected and found nothing at all unusual. Any suggestions on that it could be?

Comments

• zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    its nothing. I thought the same thing, I think it was the Nub Maduro I smoked and was like...whats this...my short term memory is bad so I forget exactly what it was, but its not important, thats why I cant remember
  • tjptjp Posts: 26
    yea im really curious to know i just finished seasoning a 500 ct humi and its time to start moving sticks around and would hate to f everything up from 1 or 2 bad sticks
  • bass8844bass8844 Posts: 416
    Sounds like "tooth" to me. Pretty much just little pockets of oil in the wrapper. Completely natural and nothing to worry about. From my experience, most commonly found on Cameroon wrappers.
  • JY001JY001 Posts: 49
    Some molecules in the ash are too dense to combust. They look like grains off pepper. Normal and nothing to worry about
  • tjptjp Posts: 26
    awesome to hear nothing to stress about ill watch the next one i smoke.. thanks all
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    It's tooth. Little white balls of oil basically.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Hate to break it to ya, but I've seen this before and it's actually mold - your entire collection is probably infected.

Just send them to me and I'll dispose of them properly.

• bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Me thinks maybe it is the rare spotted tobacco beetle eggs, which breed quickly?!? The only real solution is freezing Canadian cold. So the easiest solution is for you to send them USPS to me here in Canada. Since this will take some time and it is dreadfully cold here, they should freeze enroute and hopefully die. However, just to be sure, over time, I will gradually sample them all to see if the issue has resolved itself. I might even be able to take some pictures of the damage for you, since you are a good botl! Let me know quickly, as there is never enough tainted supply to meet the demand for this, a highly specialized service.
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    I finally noticed a toothy wrapper on one of my cigars. It's kind of one of those things you don't know how to imagine until you see it, if that makes sense.
    Light 'em up.