Home Ratings & Reviews

ITC 10th vs Decade

I was fortunate enough to attend a CRA event last week at my local shop. Several of the big name owners were there Patel, Tim from CAO, Jorge Padron, Paublo from Graycliff, Nick Perdoma, the owner of La Floria and also La Gloria. It was a wonderful evening, food, drinks and more importantly the one to one interaction with these guys, obviously with a cause with pending legislation. I am sure it was closer interaction that I will experience at the big smoke in Vegas. Upon entering I was handed a Graycliff, a Padron and an ITC 10th along with many other freebies. I lit up the ITC 10th and thought it was an incredible cigar. Previously I had tried the Decade, with the massive rating with CA, I was not impressed as much. I asked Rocky himself what he thought, he feels the decade is his best blend. I told him up to that point his "90" was my favorite. My buddy bought me another decade to share later that night over a nice glass of port, my taste still favored the ITC 10th. Have you guys compared these? I suppose it's all up to individual tastes.

Comments

• LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I've got Two of the Decades resting from my "Dry" escapade with shipping... but I'm excited as hell.

The way I look at it is that the ITC brand is older than the "Rocky Patel" brand so they've had time to PERFECT it... but then... hell... I LOVE me some Rocky Patel's
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I haven't had the ITC 10th yet, I have 4 or 5 of them just haven't lit one up! I have had the Decade though, IMHO its a good cigar but not my favorite flavor profile. Its very earthy and barnyard.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    I received two of the 10ths last week in my birthday package. Nice to see such good reviews.
  • Big DeanBig Dean Posts: 120
    I ordered a five pack of the Decade a week or two ago in the torpedo size. I am quite excited to fire one of these up. I am hoping to get a nice day to smoke (maybe in the 60s). PKJH, I was just wondering what size Decade you smoked? I know that the torpedo received a 95 rating by CA. I'm not sure for this blend, but I know a lot of times different sizes get very different ratings. Anyways anybody else smoke one of these? What were your thoughts about it? Kuzi, if you've smoked one of these, I'd love to see one of your highly detailed reviews about it.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Idiot alert

So question:

Is the ITC 10th and the RP Decade two different cigars?
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Yes. Difference cigar, different company. Both run by Rocky.
    Well, It was 65 and sunny today so I decided to smoke one of my Decades. It took me about 80 minutes to smoke. I paired it with a cup of black tea. I really enjoyed this cigar. It had great prelight aroma, great burn and pleasant flavor all the way through. I would definately recomend this cigar to anybody. I'd give it a 8.8 out of 10. Construction and draw were almost flawless. Flavor was great and burn was perfect. I held the first ash on this cigar for almost 2 inches. I've never had an ash stay so straight for so long. Usually the ash will start to lean towards the ground, but this ash stood straight as an arrow. This cigar paired with my tea and beautiful weather paired together to make a wonderful afternoon.
    I look forward to trying the ITC so I can compare the two. This probably wont be for a while though because I am broke and I have no room in my humi for any more cigars.
    And if it worked this will be the first time I have used a line break. So hopefully hooray for me.
    I will have to try it with spaces in between from now on.
    For easier readability.
    Well that didn't work.

Maybe this will.
    Ok, Ive got it down.
    The '
    ' is fairly easy, but I still cannot figure out how to copy other folks posts into my post.
    lets try this again. the with no spaces in between is fairly easy
    ok third time its br in between open and close carrots <>
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Fourtotheflush:
    The '
    ' is fairly easy, but I still cannot figure out how to copy other folks posts into my post.
    You hit the button right above the post that says "quote", that automatically sets up a reply with quote tags on the post you are quoting.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947

Like both but prefer the ITC between the two

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I have not yet cracked out one of the Decades I have, but it will have to be pretty good for me to consider it better than the ITC 10th, so we'll see.
    Wow. The ITC 10th is that good? I just might have to break down and bye on of these.
    buy one of these.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Big Dean:
    buy one of these.
    Good thing you caught that before Spell Check Joe scolded you.
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    kaspera79:
    Big Dean:
    buy one of these.
    Good thing you caught that before Spell Check Joe scolded you.
    Which one is Spell Check Joe? I've tryed extreemly hard too refrane from corecting peeple on this fourm.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Ax not for hoom the bell toles. It toles for u.
  • My local shop carries the Toro size ITC and I like it very much. I have yet to try a Decade, but that will change very soon!