Home Non Cigar Related

Thesis Defense.............Passed!!!!

GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
On Friday at 9am I will be defending my masters thesis. Its been a long time coming, 4 years actually simply because I have been working full time the entire time which makes it a challenge to motivate yourself to write a paper after 12 hours of prospecting.

Any stick recommendations?

Comments

• laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Goldy:
    On Friday at 9am I will be defending my masters thesis. Its been a long time coming, 4 years actually simply because I have been working full time the entire time which makes it a challenge to motivate yourself to write a paper after 12 hours of prospecting.

If it goes as well as you hope... GOF
    Congratulations Goldy. Did you say prospecting? Like in gold?
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    laker1963:
    Goldy:

No Gold, just Nickel, Iron, Copper, Diamonds, and Platinum.
    Goldy:
    laker1963:
    Goldy:

No Gold, just Nickel, Iron, Copper, Diamonds, and Platinum.
    VERY KEWL. Gold prospecting has been a hobby of mine for years. I just love being out there digging and getting dirty. I do LOVE gold. LOL
    I enjoy rock hounding for gold on my own time and I am pretty excited to do that in Utah once I move. OOOOHHH, Nevada has black opal too.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    TREASURE HUNT !!!!!! Good Luck Goldy !
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Goldy:

Congrats man. Only stick recommendation I have is smoke one you know you're going to love.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    RP Old World Reserve - the name seems to go well with your chosen profession, given that prospecting is as old as Mankind :)
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Best of luck to you Goldy - knock 'em dead brother! Id go either God of Fire or Opus X for your victory dance... they're both special occasion sticks, and occasions dont get much more special than putting your thesis to bed!

• I remember a few years ago I had to defend my GED thesis . it was super stressful on the days leading up... but all in all, its easier than I thought it would be.
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    seanh30:
    I remember a few years ago I had to defend my GED thesis . it was super stressful on the days leading up... but all in all, its easier than I thought it would be.
    I assume you and I are thinking of different GEDs? ;)
    Thesis has been passed! 45 min presentation followed by a 1 hour grilling.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Goldy:
    Thesis has been passed! 45 min presentation followed by a 1 hour grilling.
    Congratulations buddy! Now go find one helluva a smoke, you've earned it!

"Long ashes my friends."

Oh I am planning on it but I need to wait till I can go to Minneapolis so I can smoke indoors since it was -30 degrees here yesterday without windchill.
  • nikostewartnikostewart Posts: 451
    congratulations Goldy!
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Congrats on passing! Gof is what I'd celebrate with.
  • MperconteMperconte Posts: 367
    Ah ****, now he can move up to Fries. :)

Congrats!!
    Way to go Goldy, congratulations!! As I said before and has been suggested again... go with the GOF, you deserve it.
  • gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    Congrats! Smoke something GGGGOOOOOODDDDD!
  • bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Well done! Obviously a lot of hard work. Smoke something you know is special!