Home Cigar 101

Buying cigars in the Dominican

I have just recently learned that I will be forced to go to a destination wedding in the Dominican Republic. After briefly lamenting the logistical inconveniences of this destination wedding my mind wandered to cigars which put me in a better mood.

Can I get the BOTLs input on where to buy cigars in the Dominican and whether there are savings buying them down there.

There will be quite a few people there who don't smoke so I will be allowed to bring many boxes back to Canada without hassle from customs.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    It is absolutely worth while buying cigars in the DR, there are great deals to be had....where are you going in DR?
  • I will be going to Punta Cana. I would love suggestions on where to go to get the best deals.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    I have not been to Punta Cana so I am not sure what is available there...I do know there are some cigar factories there that will gladly take you on tour and sample and buy product...

http://www.donlucascigarsoriginal.com/index.html
    http://www.domenicocigars.com
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    If there is an open bar at the reception, abuse it and light up a few of your newly found sticks while you're at it. :D
    Light 'em up.
  • willso7willso7 Posts: 156
    i m gona be there to for a wedding in 18 days. take a couples of fonseca !.
  • Willso, can you pre-scout the cigar scene and let me know when you get back?

Thanks
    Ok no problem ,always geat to help a BOTL. Oh buy the way here hare you located CANADIAN !, Me im from montreal (south shore).
  • I'm just north of Toronto. Its been tough getting sticks lately. Lets hope ccom finds a way to ship internationally again soon.
    Canadian:
    I'm just north of Toronto. Its been tough getting sticks lately. Lets hope ccom finds a way to ship internationally again soon.
    hep your right, on my side i hope to find a BOTL who want to help me buy the time CCOM ship internationally. :)
  • bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Not sure that is going to happen, but the botls on here are very generous. Where specifically are you?As I am north of toronto also, just 15 minutes north of kitchener/waterloo.
  • I am in Aurora.