Home Cigar 101

How many versions of the RP decade are out there?

Guys I was digging through my humis and found 3 different RP Decades.
Two Have foot bands, both of them say something different. And one just has the standard Decade band.

EDIT added pics.

Comments

• bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure there's like a 10th Anniversario Especial or something like that. I saw them on an email from one of the sister sites one time, they had a footband.

EDIT: Found a RP Decade "Limitada" Toro on Atlantic, but the pic is of a Nording fiver...

• KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I believe The Anniversario has a Penn. Broad leaf wrapper, but same blend.

"Long ashes my friends."

• ...There is also the Decade in a tubo.
  • doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    That one on the right looks like the one Krieg is talking about with the Penn. Broadleaf wrapper. I had the torp. version of that cigar at the Tobacoo World Anniversary party. Haven't had the regular Decade to compare it to, but man was it TASTY.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    is it a signature cigar anymore if there are 3 different blends of it?

maybe Decade will split off and have its own brand name with 100+ blends to its credit.

kuzi16:
    is it a signature cigar anymore if there are 3 different blends of it?

maybe Decade will split off and have its own brand name with 100+ blends to its credit.

lol

"Long ashes my friends."

• BlueRingsBlueRings Posts: 367
    How many kids do you think Rocky Patel and Gurka would have? I am confused most of the time with how many lines and who has what. Question is do they taste different? I find that most of the same line taste the same unless that are notably different fillers or wraps. It is the same with sizes of the same line. I believe they use it to confuse the customer so if the blend doesnt taste the same they just tell you it is a different version or can charge you more. Like the three cigars you have, you can bet they charged you more for the limited bands over the standard.
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    I love the RP Decade, that stick is mighty tasty. Don't let the damn thing go out though or it gets real nasty real quick.

stephen_hannibal:
    Guys I was digging through my humis and found 3 different RP Decades.
    Two Have foot bands, both of them say something different. And one just has the standard Decade band.

EDIT added pics.
    Good article about the Decade Limited: LINK
    Article mentions the Winter Blend 2009...now that was a good smoke.

"Long ashes my friends."

• DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Krieg:
    Good article about the Decade Limited: LINK
    Article mentions the Winter Blend 2009...now that was a good smoke.
    That Limitada in the article looks stellar, I love the Decade! I currently have the other foot banded version in my humi...
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    BlueRings:
    I believe they use it to confuse the customer so if the blend doesnt taste the same they just tell you it is a different version or can charge you more.
    LOL.

I just feel like Rocky and Kaizad are literally coated in slime.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    BlueRings:
    I believe they use it to confuse the customer so if the blend doesnt taste the same they just tell you it is a different version or can charge you more.
    LOL.

Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel, lol.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    bigharpoon:
    docbp87:
    BlueRings:
    LOL.

Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel, lol.
    Maybe not slime, more like dye.