Home Non Cigar Related

whats this bottle of Crown worth?

firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
So I was talking with the boys on facebook tonight and i brought up that I had a 35 year old bottle of crown. Its unopend, the paper seal over the cap says 1975. So, anyone know what something like this is worth, or is it just another bottle of booze?

Comments

• RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    I am not sure if Crown aged is worth anymore than a new bottle but........... I would say it would sure taste Might good! I have drank in over 11 years but reading this i can tell you i can Tatse it like i just had one! LOL
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Liquor does not age in the bottle, only in the cask/barrel. Unfortunately, it's going to taste the same as it did when it was bottled, maybe slightly weaker if the seal isn't great.
  • doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    It may have value to someone who's a Crown enthusiast as a collector's item, but doc has the right of it that it won't tast much different than a new bottle (unless there was some major change in the distillation/mash since '75).
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    zoom6zoom:

LOL.... I love it!
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    zoom6zoom:
    LOL, nice. About the only "aged" bottles of spirits are ones that were either limited/special editions, a special bottle (in which case the alcohol inside is largely irrelevant) or a spirit which is no longer produced (in which case the alcohol inside IS what is important. For regular stuff, unless it was sold at a great discount over new, I would pass, as you have no way of knowing how it was stored and it would be no better than "fresh" and could conceivably be worse.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    One2gofst:
    zoom6zoom:
    LOL, nice. About the only "aged" bottles of spirits are ones that were either limited/special editions, a special bottle (in which case the alcohol inside is largely irrelevant) or a spirit which is no longer produced (in which case the alcohol inside IS what is important. For regular stuff, unless it was sold at a great discount over new, I would pass, as you have no way of knowing how it was stored and it would be no better than "fresh" and could conceivably be worse.
    Yeah I understand. It sat in the back of my grandpa's liquor cabinet for 30 years, he was a scotch drinker, so I guess it could have been worse. Its not that I am hoping to sell this and retire.......I realy had no clue if there was any value. I think I will have a hurf at my place next summer and brake out a little aged crown.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    It is worth for whatever someone is willing to pay for it! ;)

"Long ashes my friends."