Home General Discussion
Options

So whats everyone fav drink to have with their cigars.

Comments

• Options
    MephistoMephisto Posts: 508
    Depends on the cigar, my mood, the time of day, but often water or club soda, a mojito, an IPA, or a single malt neat. oh, yeah, I forgot about red wine, preferably Bourdeaux, Cotes du Rhone, or Languedoc-Roussillon.
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Tie between coffee and Indiana Amber (beer).
  • Options
    mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    ejenne87:
    mfotis:
    Usually beer, never tried Dr. Pepper might have to give that a shot. Unfortunately I don’t drink whiskey anymore.
    I think Diet Dr. Pepper is WAY better! but, I also like diet pepsi better than regular pepsi too (most diet sodas are better IMO) I definitely suggest trying diet Dr. P though, it's pretty awesome.

LOL,I've had both reg and diet, just never with a cigar. Now that I think about it, I dont know if I can get Dr. Pepper here.
  • Options
    SmokySuitSmokySuit Posts: 429
    Coffee in the morning or noontime. Water during the day. A nice dark beer at night.
  • Options
    christian1971christian1971 Posts: 467 ✭✭✭
    On cold days, vanilla cappo
    On hot days, Snapple Peach Iced Tea
    I dislike any carbonated beverages with my cigar.Seems to go down harsh.
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    Diet A&W Root Beer is my go to drink with most cigars... But I'll mix is a cup of black coffee or bourbon on the rocks...
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Usually a Diet Coke.
  • Options
    Bigelow Plantation Mint Tea - Iced in the summer, hot in the winter.

Coffee in the AM of the colder months

Kahlua can be a great addition to coffee or frappes as well.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    I discovered an awesome new-to-me beer to have with an earthy cigar. A Black IPA. All the wonderous hops of an IPA, but it has the roasted barley and malty flavors of a brown ale along with it. I'm brewing a Black IPA today, hopefully it will be as good as the one I had at the bar last night. :)
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    TatuajeVI:
    I discovered an awesome new-to-me beer to have with an earthy cigar. A Black IPA. All the wonderous hops of an IPA, but it has the roasted barley and malty flavors of a brown ale along with it. I'm brewing a Black IPA today, hopefully it will be as good as the one I had at the bar last night. :)
    That sounds fairly awesome.
  • Options
    Non-alcohol would be sweet tea Alcohol would be either some bourbon, or an American strong ale like rogue double dead guy. Sounds like I gotta try a black ipa, never had that style. What was the brewery Luko?
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    TatuajeVI:
    What was the brew? This is one of my favorite new discoveries! I have been really in to malted barley lately and I am an IPA **** so when I found them combined I fell in love.
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    I'm usually having a beer when I smoke. I also like water. Fresca is good for me too. I would like to try coffee.
    I'm going to Mexico in Feb. My wife loves those frozen Pina Coladas w/ x-tra Rum. The only Alcohol I drink straight is Vodka. But, I see alot of guys mention Rum. I'm interested in trying that. I'm not a Scotch guy. I just don't have the taste for it. I'm thinking Rum may be more in my direction. Sweeter? Yes? No?
  • Options
    Kcw have you ever tried maker's mark bourbon? Smooth and sweet.
  • Options
    Water
  • Options
    Pmarti9069:
    Kcw have you ever tried maker's mark bourbon? Smooth and sweet.
    Nope. But I will now. My Father In Law has a bottle at his house.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    KCW:
    I'm usually having a beer when I smoke. I also like water. Fresca is good for me too. I would like to try coffee.
    I'm going to Mexico in Feb. My wife loves those frozen Pina Coladas w/ x-tra Rum. The only Alcohol I drink straight is Vodka. But, I see alot of guys mention Rum. I'm interested in trying that. I'm not a Scotch guy. I just don't have the taste for it. I'm thinking Rum may be more in my direction. Sweeter? Yes? No?
    KCW - you bring up a good comparison here. My best friend is a serious scotch drinker, but I've never been able to find one I really love (there's a few I enjoy, but I'm not sure I'd go out of my way to buy a bottle). Rum, on the other hand... well, I'm a sailor and rum has ALWAYS been my drink ;-). Started with Bacardi white rums when I was in the teens, and spent many a day killing those bottles.. These days, I've discovered dark, aged rums, and it's a whole new world. You still get the smooth, complex perfection of a dark liquor that is prized in scotch, but in a smoother, slightly sweeter form. I definitely recommend checking it out.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    Hays:
    KCW:
    KCW - you bring up a good comparison here. My best friend is a serious scotch drinker, but I've never been able to find one I really love (there's a few I enjoy, but I'm not sure I'd go out of my way to buy a bottle). Rum, on the other hand... well, I'm a sailor and rum has ALWAYS been my drink ;-). Started with Bacardi white rums when I was in the teens, and spent many a day killing those bottles.. These days, I've discovered dark, aged rums, and it's a whole new world. You still get the smooth, complex perfection of a dark liquor that is prized in scotch, but in a smoother, slightly sweeter form. I definitely recommend checking it out.
    Sounds good... Thanks
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    ejenne87:
    TatuajeVI:
    What was the brew? This is one of my favorite new discoveries! I have been really in to malted barley lately and I am an IPA **** so when I found them combined I fell in love.
    It is the Big Rock brewery in Birmingham, MI. They unfortunately do not bottle their beers, boo! But if you come to Michigan to visit me they have a cigar lounge upstairs!
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Lately, Rum has been my go to beverage, with or without a cigar. Top rums lately: Ron Zacapa 23 Solera Reserve, Ron Zacapa XO, Zaya, Ron Matusalem 15 Year Solera, Mount Gay Extra Old, Flor De Cana Centenario, Pyrat XO, and Havana Club Anejo.
  • Options
    TatuajeVI inspired me to seek out a black ipa. Went with Yakima Glory by Victory. Excellent brew! Toasty malty sweetness backed by a nice bitter hoppiness. Highly recommended. Should go great with some full bodied nicaraguans.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    I've been trying to break into rums, but I'm having a lot of trouble. I got some Zaya and Ron Zacapa 23, but they still make me gag. I dunno; maybe it's an acquired taste, maybe I'm missing something
  • Options
    I usually drink water. But I do enjoy coffee (unless it's hot outside), beer, bourbon, and scotch.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Last couple of times I cocktailed with a cigar or two I had Flor de Cana 18 yr (thanks Alex) and some Famous Grouse. Both went very well with the smokes. I paired the FDC with a Diesel Unlimited and a MOW Armada. The sweetness of the rum perfectly complemented the strength of the smokes. The Grouse went nicely with a Tat Cojonu 2003 and a LFD Air Bender. Something about smokey drinks goes great with cigars. Makes sense, I guess.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    ive been craving some disaronno lately still havent had any yet...any suggestions that would pair well with a drink that sweet?
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Last Thursday I was drinking Guinness with a MOW original. The dry, roasted taste of Guinness went well with the cigar, it was like heaven in my mouth.

Can't wait to try Dr Pepper like everyone suggests.
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    KCW:
    A mai tai with a float of Maker's Mark is pretty damn good.
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    Pmarti9069:
    Non-alcohol would be sweet tea Alcohol would be either some bourbon, or an American strong ale like rogue double dead guy. Sounds like I gotta try a black ipa, never had that style. What was the brewery Luko?
    Rogue is amazing, one of my favorite breweries for sure. Their Hazelnut Brown is amazing, as is their Chocolate Stout.
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    JCizzle:
    Pmarti9069:
    Rogue is amazing, one of my favorite breweries for sure. Their Hazelnut Brown is amazing, as is their Chocolate Stout.
    If you like Rogue you should check out Avery. They have some some similarities, but Avery has so many beers. Their Karma, a Belgian style pale ale, is such a fantastic brew. For some reason it reminded me of something I have had from Rogue but I can't place it.
  • Options
    jsbutcjsbutc Posts: 31
    Normally my drink of choice is bourbon or a rum. For bourbon I have to admit I love a good cheap Jim Beam. For Rum, it really depends on my mood...I go between a Captain Morgan Spiced or Cruzan dark. Now, I am in Iraq where we cannot get alcohol and I have grown fond of coffee with my cigar. Suprisingly Red bull seems to pair well too. Another favorite for after dinner chow is an A&W rootbeer. Here, it seems its whatever I can get my hands on lol.